Teacher of Student Support 100%
Publication date:01 March 2023
Place of work:Chemin de la Grangette 2, 1052 Le Mont-sur-Lausanne
The International School of Lausanne (ISL) is a leading non-profit, International Baccalaureate (IB) World School set in the French-speaking part of Switzerland. Our school is committed to excellence in education. We strive to recognise the unique potential of each student, and to equip them to play an active and responsible role in a complex, multicultural world. The school employs approximately 250 members of staff on its campus where we welcome approximately 900 students from over 60 nationalities, from 3 to 18 years of age.
For our Primary School, we are seeking to appoint an experienced, passionate, and self-motivated
Permanent position from 1 August 2023
This position is in the Student Support Services department of the Primary School. This is split between Learning Support and English as an Additional Language teaching according to student needs.
- The planning, delivery and evaluation of Learning Support and English of an Additional Language lessons which stimulate and motivate students to fulfil their academic potential
- Efficient and responsive collaborative teaching within the primary school
- Meetings with parents and students to share student progress
- Supporting classroom teachers to meet the needs of all students
- Direct involvement in MTSS team within the primary school
- Advocating for students
- Interpreting and communicating the contents of psychological and academic testing
- Creation and accurate maintenance of Individual Educational Plans (IEP) and Progress Plans
Qualifications and qualities desired:
- A recognised teaching qualification (graduate or postgraduate level)
- Experience in a Learning Support teaching role
- Experience with specific Learning Support programmes/ strategies
- Experience with English Language assessment tools
- High proficiency in English. Knowledge of French is an advantage
- Experience working in a bilingual setting is preferred
- The ability to plan, deliver and evaluate lessons that stimulate and motivate students to learn
- Knowledge of the PYP programme
- An understanding of and sensitivity to cultural variance; a work experience in an international environment is a strong asset
- Adaptability, flexibility, and dynamism
- The ability to meet high expectations of students, colleagues and a professional parent community
- Excellent ICT skills and knowledge of their effective use to support pedagogy
- A commitment to self-reflection and professional development
What we offer:
- A truly international and dynamic work environment
- Free well-being and sport activities and language courses
- Fresh and healthy menus from our cafeteria at a reasonable price
- Social events organised on a regular basis with ISL staff
Are you interested?
To apply please submit the following documents on JobUp
- cover letter
- statement of educational philosophy
- copies of diplomas
- copies of work certificates / reference letters (if any)
- copy of work permit (if applicable)
Due to work permit limitations, preference will be given to candidates having a Swiss / EU citizenship or holding a Swiss work permit.
Closing date: 24 March 2023
Why join ISL?
Our school is a unique place. We are an organisation of a size where your work will have a direct impact on our community. We provide a multicultural environment where diversity is valued and in which every opinion counts. We are highly reflective on our practices and impact and dedicated to the well-being of our staff and students.
Our staff members form a committed, hard-working, and passionate community. In return, we offer a rewarding, collaborative, and trusting work environment, an approachable leadership team, and a modern and spacious campus located at a stone’s throw from the centre of Lausanne.
We care for children
The International School of Lausanne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of its staff to share this commitment. A background check, including criminal records check and/or police clearance, will be conducted on all successful applicants.
We value diversity
At ISL, all members of our community contribute to creating an environment where diversity is valued. Each individual is committed to ensuring everyone has a strong sense of belonging and feels respected. ISL is committed to being an inclusive employer that values diversity. This is reflected in our recruitment practices and in our Code of behaviour.
No recruitment agencies please