Senior Treasury Officer
Publication date:07 March 2023
Workload:80 – 100%
LocationMedair Global Support Office, Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. 80% to 100%, open ended contract.
The Senior Treasury Officer will support management to strengthen its treasury management functions and activities. S/he will be primarily responsible for the direct oversight and management of Medair cash, working capital and implementation of the Forex policy. The Senior Treasury Officer has the responsibility to forecast Medair headquarters cash flow needs in multi currencies, determine minimum daily liquidity levels by currency, manage the organization's working capital, and provide information to the Treasury Manager and the Finance Director for key decision making such as forex spot operations, investments etc. The Senior Treasury Officer must regularly engage Medair country programmes Finance Managers, Finance Partners and Finance Specialist in order to balance operational objectives with liquidity and financial risk management. The Senior Treasury Officer provides guidance and expertise to Medair country programmes in different domains relating to treasury management, to ensure decisions are fit for purpose and mitigate financial risks for the organization.
Medair GSO Finance Department, is primarily focused on the financial and investment decisions of Medair, acting as a financial gatekeeper and strategic advisor in daily business operation and also mid to long-term strategic decisions of Medair, with streamlined and optimized key processes, via leveraging fit-for-purpose systems. Central to this are the implementations of a Treasury Management System (Kyriba) and a Financial ERP system (Unit4) where the Senior Treasury Officer will actively participate.
Key Activity Areas
Daily Cash & liquidity management
- Collaborate with Medair country programmes to determine their weekly cashflow needs.
- Forecast cash flow needs for Medair GSO and determine minimum daily liquidity levels by currency.
- Ensure sufficiency of daily liquidity by currency; make recommendations for spot Forex operations to Treasury Manager and Finance Director.
- Perform daily treasurer activities in the Kyriba Treasury Management System: bank statements integration control, bank/cash modules reconciliations etc. Resolve daily cash managements issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain the weekly headquarters cashflow forecast report, coordinating with different finance functions.
- Develop and prepare weekly and monthly cashflow reporting for headquarters.
- Develop and prepare monthly cashflow reporting for Medair consolidated.
- Oversee Medair cash flow forecasts and recommend strategies for improving efficiency of cash management
- Collaborate with the Treasury Manager to ensure sufficient and accurate information related to forecasts, for identification and mitigation of cash flow risk. Provide guidance and support to country programmes for cashflow forecast. Prepare any other ad hoc reports (bank accounts and bank signatories report, bank conditions report).
- Work with Medair Treasury Manager and Finance Director on evaluating the Medair global FX risks exposure, and propose strategies to mitigate those risks. Monitor macro-economic status in Medair country programmes, ensure the best currency exchange mechanism is in place.
- Participate in financial risk management: identify risks relating to treasury management, implement actions to mitigate risks, ensure actions are taken and procedures & policies are followed so that risks are mitigated.
- Prepare research / white papers as required for economic analysis at the attention of the Finance Department, using bank market information. Working with each Finance Partner, monitor the forex exposure on active grants, reporting on same to management.
- Monitor all Medair investment accounts (including MIAF entity), evaluating and reporting on performance.
- Monitor the daily/monthly forex rates and communicate to different stakeholders.
Financial systems implementation
- Participate in the Treasury Management System Kyriba implementation: roll out to country programmes.
- Participate in the ERP financial system implementation Unit4: collaborate with different finance functions (AP, AR etc.) to the integration of the TMS system with the ERP system.
Development and maintenance of all treasury management procedures
- Develop comprehensive cash and short-term liquidity management procedures, including cash flow and balance forecasting, bank relationship management, TMS Kyriba procedures, Forex management procedures etc.
- Collaborate with senior finance leaders throughout the organization to identify key considerations for treasury management policies. Oversee online banking platforms (headquarters banks) and TMS system, manage signers and online users, user capabilities and access rights (headquarters banks).
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair's international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary. Also advertised on Jobup.
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's in finance or business administration.
- English (spoken and written), working knowledge of French is highly desirable.
What is the ROC and why is it required?
- Minimum 5 years' professional experience in a cash management position with at least 3 years in an international treasury role. Treasury Management System experience: Kyriba a plus.
- Forex hedging strategy knowledge and experience. NGO experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge in accounting, controlling & budgeting, and financial concepts.
- Competent with administrative tasks. Organized and structured. Strong attention to detail.
- Team-player with good inter-personal skills. Strong capability to lead projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality. Enjoys challenges and works hard to achieve objectives.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering data.
- Willingness to work in a multi-cultural team. Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Able to work independently and take initiatives within a consultative framework.
All new deploying international staff to Medair's country programmes (and other roles which require field travel) should be fully vaccinated with a WHO-approved COVID vaccine, supported with a COVID vaccination certificate as evidence.