BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Publication date:26 January 2023
Place of work:Jaquet-Droz 1, 2002 Neuchâtel
We are looking for a
Business development specialist
To reinforce marketing, acquisition, and sales in the field of sustainable energy with a focus on digital energy activities (electrical grid optimization, predictive maintenance of energy assets, etc.), battery storage (next-generation lithium battery, optimization of battery lifetime, etc.), and photovoltaics. In this role, you will manage the business opportunities pipeline in evaluating market, prospecting, negotiating, and finalizing contracts, while maintaining trustful relationships with our customers in Switzerland and worldwide
Business Development: prospect and generate leads via conferences, events, networking, B2B, etc.; initiate customer contacts and develop trustful relationships; develop business proposals, build and drive acquisition plans in close collaboration with the Business Unit’s management. Harness internal resources to deliver attractive win-win proposals.
Marketing: analyze market trends and opportunities; build convincing value propositions along with our research and innovation teams, supported by marketing collateral and communications; provide our technical teams with detailed market feedback to help optimize our technology roadmaps.
Sales: manage the sales pipeline to meet the sales performance targets, provide accurate forecasts and manage our Customer Relationship Management (CRM), and negotiate contracts.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in a technical field (electrical engineering, computer science, etc.) with a focus on digital applications
- Education in business administration, marketing, or innovation management is a plus
- At least 2 years of industrial experience, preferably in the power and energy sector
- Experience in business development, project acquisition and writing of project proposals or offers
- Proficiency with customer relations management and social media channels
- Customer and result oriented with the capacity to transform opportunities into business
- Strong communication skills in all market segments and with different job levels
- Excellent listening and negotiating skills
- Capacity to facilitate effective collaboration with internal and external partners
- Fluency in French and English is a must, fluency in German is desired
CSEM mission and values
Our mission is the development and transfer of innovative technologies to the Swiss industry. Our objective is to make an impact on our customers and on society at large in the fields of precision manufacturing, digital technologies and sustainable energy. Our strength is the excellence of our people, about 550 passionate specialists dedicated to innovation and technology transfer. We believe that strong values support the successful development of our organization as well as the harmonious and balanced development of all our employees.
A unique place between research and industry at the cutting edge of new technologies
An innovative, non-profit and employee-driven company
A dynamic, multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
being part of a passionate community
incredible flexibility, attractive working conditions and great opportunities of development
benefit from a management style based on trust & feedback and that favours a work-life balance.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file (CV, cover letter, certificates & diplomas) via our job page.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.
No recruitment agencies please