SonarLint Java Developer
SonarSource SAGeneva 15
Publication date:03 August 2022
Place of work:Geneva, 1215 Geneva 15
SonarLint Java Developer
Sonar’s industry-leading solution enables developers and development teams to write clean code and remediate existing code organically, so they can focus on the work they love and maximize the value they generate for businesses. Its open source and commercial solutions – SonarLint, SonarCloud, and SonarQube – support 29 programming languages. Trusted by more than 300,000 organizations globally, Sonar is considered integral to delivering better software.
The impact you can have
SonarLint is a plugin for popular IDEs including IntelliJ, Eclipse and VSCode, with the aim to help developers fix code quality and security issues before they exist by analyzing and highlighting issues on the fly as you code. In addition, SonarLint integrates with our server products SonarQube and SonarCloud to further enhance the development experience.
Our team is looking for a talented Java developer passionate about creating great products.
Your mission is to help the team make SonarLint a tool all developers would love to use in their IDE.
At team level, you will
- Help define the team’s short and long term goals
- Collaborate with Product Managers on defining new features and give your input on product functionality and priorities
- Engage with the Open-Source community, other SonarSourcers and the Support team and integrate their feedback
- Improve your team: perform design and code reviews, challenge the status quo, improve processes, share technical knowledge
The skills you will demonstrate
- Ability to develop in Java with clean code
- Excellent engineering skills and a good understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Fluency in source code quality: tests (unit and functional), CI/CD, code reviews
- Experience with agile practices and principles
- Comfortable in dealing with change
- Leadership; you take initiative and demonstrate your ability to lead a subject from beginning to end
- Self-confident to challenge the status quo as well as to be challenged
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken
Nice to have
- Experience with developing Eclipse and/or IntelliJ and/or VSCode extensions
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with Kotlin
- Experience using and configuring static analyzers as part of the development process
No recruitment agencies please