FC Advisory Compliance Officer - 80-100%
Publication date:17 March 2023
Workload:80 – 100%
Place of work:Quai des Bergues, 1211 Geneva - Switzerland
FC Advisory Compliance Officer - 80-100%
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Financial Crime Compliance aligns current activities within Global Risk and helps to build these into a more integrated framework to conduct Customer Due Diligence which enables HSBC to manage financial crime risk more effectively. It builds stronger controls to improve the way Financial Crime Compliance risks are managed in order to spot gaps as well as trends so that the team can take action. It proactively gathers and analyses financial intelligence in a smart way so that suspicious transactions, activities or connections can be identified and we can adequately protect our customers from the threat of financial crime.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team.
As part of the Second Line of Defence, the role will consist of setting policy, give advice and provide independent challenge in the main areas of Financial Crime Risk, including Money Laundering, Tax Evasion, Fraud, Sanctions and AB&C. The person covering this role is expected to act as Subject Matter Expert and oversee and assess the risk management activities carried out by the First Line.
The incumbent will assist the first line of defence (1LoD) functions such as Relationship Managers (RMs), Business Management, Client Lifecycle Management team (CLM), and/or BRCM to meet applicable laws and regulations, internal standards and Group policies with respect to money laundering deterrence, prevention and detection.
Provide support to the Head of FCC Advisory Team and Chief Compliance Officer when and where required.
In this role you will:
Impact on the Business:
- Review policies, procedures and desk instruction manuals to ensure they are in line with legal regulatory requirements, Group policies and procedures and specific Group Private Banking requirements.
- Provide guidance and respond to the first line of defence on matters related to FCC and AB&C.
- Respond to requests received by the bank from third parties on matters related to FCC and AB&C.
- Participate where required in the affiliate Review process of Banks.
- Prepare Training material and conduct the training sessions on all FCC related matters and topics.
- Review and if appropriate concur on (High Risk and Special Category Clients) new account opening requests and reclassification to ensure compliance with the local regulatory requirements as well as with the Group standards with respect to internal KYC policy (quality and depth), in particular:
- Conduct plausibility checks of the KYC profile prepared by the RMs and CLM;
- Ensure corroboration information provided by the RMs and the checks performed by CLM.
Leadership and Teamwork:
- Collaborate with other team members, share common team objectives and values to promote a collaborative working environment, facilitating the sharing of ideas and knowledge to improve the Team’s level of understanding.
- Role holder to develop a network of contacts throughout the private bank to ensure advice and guidance is accurate.
- The specialist nature of the role requires the Role holder to continuously challenge his/her own knowledge and to develop a continuous learning on and off the job.
Operational Effectiveness and Control:
- Ensure operational effectiveness and control standards are duly observed.
- Resolve any/all identified issues promptly and escalate concerns to Head of FCC Advisory Team and other Compliance managers as appropriate to ensure timely awareness of any material concerns.
- Provide necessary support to Audit and Operational risk, ensure effective and timely implementation of audit issues, when required by the Head of FCC Advisory Team.
- Efficiently and regularly cooperate with the Front office and other stakeholders in order to spread Compliance culture, enforce Compliance requirements and respect the Front office business objectives according to the FCC risk appetite framework of the Group and the Bank.
- Perform at all times an adequate follow-up of the tasks in order to escalate potential issues in a timely manner.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Proven knowledge of and experience in applying legal and regulatory financial crime compliance requirement.
- Advanced understanding of Private Banking business with practical experience in Compliance, Audit or Operational Risk area.
- Team player who can build relationships within a big team and outside the Compliance function.
- Organizational skills.
- Analytical, well-informed and creative approach to problem-solving ability to work independently and to the highest level of accuracy and accountability.
- Computer and IT systems literate, good communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of the Asian market is a plus.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken). Further language skills are a plus - German, French, Spanish, Arabic are preferred.
- Due to immigration restrictions in Switzerland we will only be able to consider applications from Swiss or EU citizens or from candidates holding a valid Swiss work permit.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
HSBC is a signatory company of the Advance Charter. This Charter is a commitment towards gender equality in business and hence a workplace environment that supports a fair and balanced approach to hiring, remunerating, promoting and retaining female talent.
Within HSBC in Switzerland all internal candidates from Group and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the role. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis.
To discover more about HSBC, please check our website: https://www.hsbc.com/about-hsbc
Please apply via our careers website at the following link : https://mycareer.hsbc.com/external
Taleo reference n°: 0000IOZZ
No recruitment agencies please