Funds Dealing Specialist
HSBC Private Bank (Suisse) SAGeneva - Switzerland
Publication date:29 July 2022
Place of work:Quai des Bergues 9-17, 1211 Geneva - Switzerland
Funds Dealing Specialist
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Private Bank seeks to be the leading international private bank for business owners and their families. It provides clients with wealth, business and family succession solutions in the largest and fastest growing markets around the world. At HSBC Private Bank, we put our clients at the centre of everything we do.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team.
In this role you will:
Impact on the Business
- Delivers day-to-day workload on time and to the standard requested by manager. Meets commitments made to colleagues. Understands and ensures completeness of daily tasks and controls.
- Ensures that their time is used effectively and efficiently. Supports cost saving and efficiency efforts.
- Plans and meets deadlines consistently, Anticipates and addresses potential barriers or issues that could impact the delivery or service that they offer.
- Knows, draft and keep procedures and DIM up-to-date.
- Ensure good execution of orders placed by Front Office by following internal/external rules
- Generate Fax Dealing instructions (via automatic or manual process)
- Close follow-up of pending orders with Fund Administrator, Fund Manager or external counterparts
- Answer questions from internal/external counterpart with accuracy and in a timely manner
- Verify that order comply with Dealing rules and make sure all appropriate controls are in place
- Identify and correct any mistakes detected during the execution process
- Identify and raise any issues detected to management in a timely manner. Actively participate to define new mitigation point to put in place if need be
- Ensure that we have proper hardware/software to conduct the Dealing activity
Customers / Stakeholders
- Strives to be helpful when responding to, or dealing with clients. Perseveres to try to resolve issues and provide solutions
- Maintains professionalism in difficult conversations and escalates issues if necessary
- Ensures a timely turnaround for all internal and external client queries and requests. Acts consistently in a way that promotes HSBC as a client-focused organisation.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Ensures that their manager meets with them on a one-to-one basis as required, and gives support required for task performance and development of relevant skills. Communicates their activities and achievements to manager. Contributes fully to HR processes (e.g. self-appraisal, as required by manager.)
- Sets own individual SMART objectives that accurately reflect performance required of them
- Immediately escalates business and people issues as well as incident and operational errors to the line manager. Participates to the elaboration and implementation of solutions and mitigation actions.
- Develops respectful, helpful and professional relationships both within the department Operations and within the Bank to resolve problems swiftly and professionally, promotes work efficiency, achieves high productivity and delivers high quality services.
- Provides continuous and pro-active support and encouragement to junior team members.
- Assits and provides training to new team members, learns different tasks of the team, back up to other team members to ensure appropriate polyvalence and coverage.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Develops an understanding of how their tasks may impact others negatively (e.g. understands the wider impact a scheduling or cost mistake might have on their manager and colleagues).
- Makes their ideas a reality and is persistent in the face of challenges.
- To be aware of changes in the processes and guidelines of other teams, be able to spot tools and procedures inefficiencies and adapt his /her working methodology accordingly.
- Notices procedures/ materials or actions that seem out of date and highlights these (e.g. email distribution lists out of date, processes no longer used.) while follow existing procedures
- Escalates errors and proposes mitigation actions and participates to implement them.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Commercial degree, CFC bancaire or equivalent. Ideally 3 years’ experience.
- Knowledge of the banking industry.
- Knowledge of English and French are requested. Any other language would be a plus.
- Computer skills: MS Office.
- Analytical skills and well organized.
- Good communication skills, team player and client oriented.
- Exhibits commitment and resilience, especially when facing stressful situation
- Polyvalent and fast-learner : ability to quickly adapt to multiple tasks and evolving working situations
- Able to create relationships and channels of communication with key interfaces and stakeholders
- Due to immigration restrictions in Switzerland we will only be able to consider applications from Swiss or EU citizens or from candidates holding a valid Swiss work permit
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/long term health condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has in place processes in order to avoid nepotism, which means to avoid creating circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
HSBC is a signatory company of the Advance Charter. This Charter is a commitment towards gender equality in business and hence a workplace environment that supports a fair and balanced approach to hiring, remunerating, promoting and retaining female talent.
Within HSBC in Switzerland all internal candidates from Group and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the role. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis.
To discover more about HSBC, please check our website: https://www.hsbc.com/about-hsbc
Please apply via our careers website at the following link : https://mycareer.hsbc.com/external
No recruitment agencies please