176 jobs in Hotel / Catering / Tourism in the Canton of Bern
Lecturer in Hospitality Management and Academic Coordinator (100%)
Swiss Education Group is the largest private hospitality education group in Switzerland. Our 4 hospitality management schools, alongside the Culinary Arts Academy Switzerland, offer undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications. With a variety of specializations on offer, ranging from Events Management to Finance, we encompass 7 brands across 6 state-of-the-art campuses (Brig, Le Bouveret, Caux, Leysin, Lucerne & Montreux) all supported by our corporate head office in Montreux.
For our campus César Ritz Colleges at Le Bouveret, we are currently looking for a :
Lecturer in Hospitality Management
Starting date : October 2020
Teaching hours : Around 12h to 16h per week
Candidates must have expertise or evident potential in providing quality teaching at graduate levels. Demonstrated interest in developing case-studies, e-learning solutions and other innovative pedagogical resources is a plus.
Main duties and responsibilities
- The candidates should be able to teach various hospitality, F&B management, Room Division Management, Introduction to Hospitality at a Bachelor level.
- Teach modules within respective program, taking responsibility for adherence to assessment moderation procedure and relevant administrative systems and policies.
- Support the School management in developing and fostering an enterprising and stimulating learning and work environment that is recognized and renowned for academic excellence.
- Oversee curriculum development pertaining to designated CAA & Hospitality programs
- Promote and facilitate retention and progression of students.
- Promote institution and academic programs both internally and externally.
- Oversee the maintenance of accurate and comprehensive academic records.
- Produce academic reports and statistics as required by Dean/Directorate and for quality monitoring.
- Facilitate lecturer/student communication and feedback.
- Develop a portfolio of guest speakers and or external visits to enhance the student learning experience
- A Bachelor degree in Hospitality or equivalent, Master degree, an asset.
- At least 5 years of business work experience in hospitality, ideally with management roles.
- Previous teaching/learning experience, a strong asset.
- Fluent in English (spoken/written), French or any other languages an asset.
- Computer literate and at ease with new technologies.
- Ability to work independently and very well organized.
- Excellent communication skills and ready to work in a multicultural environment.
We seek enthusiastic applicants with excellent interpersonal skills who want to be a part of our growth and share our vision, while contributing to hospitality education.
Please submit your resume as well as a syllabi, teaching evaluations for recent courses (where applicable) via jobup or via email to email@example.com
Swiss Nationality or C,B,L or G permit or European Nationality CE/AELE