17 jobs in IT / Telecommunications in Rotkreuz
Who We Are
Roche Diagnostics International Ltd in Rotkreuz is one of the world’s leading providers of diagnostic system solutions for clinics, laboratories and doctors’ offices. The company employs over 2200 people in Rotkreuz and is one of Roche Diagnostics main sites.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Solution Architect will be responsible for working closely with partners across lines of business and the IT groups in order to understand strategic drivers and tactical needs to ensure that the implementation teams can provide technically innovative solutions that meet the business needs with the necessary usability, technical stability and scalability. The Solution Architect will be supporting projects and operational activities in the Dia R&D Informatics solutions portfolio.
- Participates in the identification, evaluation and development of concepts for IT solutions by providing technical expertise and oversight of the development of prototypes and proofs of concepts.
- Analyzes business scenarios and identifies opportunities for technically innovative solutions and improvements
- Provides technical expertise in designing and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements by complying with the Roche technology standards and by proposing new and upcoming technologies
- Provides technical expertise and consulting to all projects within the DIA R&D for Research & lab execution, Clinical Development & Medical Affairs, Sequencing functions and Product Development regarding integration, interfaces and data flows.
- Works closely with R&D architects, Enterprise Architects on defining long term architecture vision, integration patterns and technical review of technical portfolio within AOR.
- Leads specialist resources on technical issues within the domain on content and provides detailed analysis of the operations and opportunities for improvement.
- Creates and owns the Solution Architecture documentation
- Works closely with the technical team (Technical Project Manager, Lead Developer, developers/software engineers, testers) and provides an oversight for the technical development of solutions; configures the system if necessary
- Works closely with solution managers to ensure maintainability and supportability of systems.
- Works closely with the solution architects within the Dia Informatics as well as with other IT functions and external partners
- Actively participates in Architecture Community of Practice
- Ensure that Solutions are architecturally consistent, fit for purpose, meet customer requirements and comply with all relevant IT and business standards. such as reuse of technologies and solutions, and simplicity and usability.
- Provides input into the Dia R&D Informatics Roadmap.
For this position, you bring the following qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with 7-12 years of professional IT experience in a major, global organization
- At least 5 years’ experience in at least two IT disciplines in a client/server or service-oriented architecture
- Understanding and experience of SOA
- Broad technical experience with an in depth understanding of application development & design
- Proven experience of producing End to End designs to meet business requirements and EA standards
- Proven experience of creating architecture designs using a formal architecture framework methodology – TOGAF, Zachman.
- Experience in architecting Research & Lab execution products, digital labs, electronic lab notebooks, assay development and research data management. Experience with AWS services for managing sequencing data.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry a plus
- Experience with SAFe or any other lean-agile framework is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Negotiation skills, long term and strategic thinking without losing the actual needs, teamwork and fast integration into bigger teams
- Fluent English skills (written and spoken)
Travel: up to 20%
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Information Technology, Information Technology > IT Architecture