Director of compliance
Badenoch + ClarkLausanne
Publication date:01 October 2022
Director of compliance
For our client, an international school based in Vaud, we are searching for a:
Director of compliance (70%, 80% or 100%)
Mission: you will support the COO/CFO and the School Director to ensure that the school’s operational practices are fully compliant. You should strive to ensure that School operations are continually improved and in line with best practice within a Swiss context and a boarding school environment.
Leadership: The Director of Compliance is a senior leader and is a member of the Support Services Management Team.
You will monitor and review the compliance in all aspects of the running of the school, but with particular reference to legal, commercial and contractual compliance, data protection and GDPR, health, safety and security, sustainable practice and development, and other regulatory compliance.
· Data Protection: you will act as the School’s Data Protection Officer. You will advise on the school’s compliance with GDPR and Swiss data protection laws, monitor adherence to standards and act as a point of contact for external organizations and bodies.
· Health & Safety: you will act as the School’s Health & Safety Officer and support of work of the School’s Health & Safety Committee. You will maintain the School’s H&S policies to comply with developing H&S regulations, with particular attention to risk management and mitigation.
· Sustainability: you will work with the CFO to ensure that Cantonal and national obligations are met in relation to sustainability laws and the school’s status; You will be the school’s point of contact for external sustainability organizations and you will work with the CFO and the COO to drive forward whole school sustainability initiatives.
· Contracts and Recruitment: you will review compliance of commercial contracts for services as well as property transactions; You will ensure that recruitment processes comply with safer recruitment and safeguarding processes.
· Organizational Structure: you will ensure that the school’s entries on the register du Commerce are maintained as well as the school’s policy manual. You will assist the CCC/CFO in her role as secretary to the Boards.
· Other tasks: you will build strong relationships and collaborations with external/internal parties and act as an ambassador for the school with the local community and internationally; You will support the school’s accreditation and re-accreditation processes; You will initiate special projects within the field of responsibility.
- You hold a Bachelor or a Master’s in law, finance, economics or equivalent.
- You have at least 5 years’ experience in compliance. Coming from the in education area is a plus, but it is not mandatory.
- You are familiar with educational regulatory environments or are willing to learn.
- You have a good knowledge of GDPR requirements as well as employment and law practices.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the vision and creativity
to make the most of the school’s assets.
- You are a self-starter, able to create and take initiatives and act autonomously within the framework of a team.
- You have personal integrity and the drive to do what is best for the school
- You are fluent in English and have a good level of French.
- You have a friendly nature, with a sense of humor.
- You are reliable, organized and flexible.
Our client offers flexibility with the possibility to work part time (from 70% to 100%) and a hybrid model.
Badenoch + Clark