Purpose of the role
- To support the stewardship function in developing a Digital Stewardship Strategy for the Sustainable Agriculture team and provide all analytical support to analyze existing safe use data.
- With view on farmers use patters: Further develop digital tools to monitor, validate, enabling safe use and provide suggestions for improvement of farmers behaviors towards the safe and responsible use of pesticides
- With view of environmental diversities: Further develop digital tools to monitor, validate, enabling safe use for better environmental adaptation of product use.
- To map all currently existing digital tools and propose tools for scaling
- Analyze GGP data to understand farmer practices and make a gap analysis of what data is missing to understand and improve farmers practices
Digital Stewardship Analyst - temp. Assignment (100%), 1 year
- 50% data analysis, 50% managing data systems and digital tools
- Data and Data Gaps Analytics of the GGP data
- Plan of what data to collect with what kind of IT tools to make vulnerability analysis
- Provide an overview as to which countries would it be possible to develop an environmental vulnerability map and/or similar. So that such maps can be used to provide "Safe-use-recommendations" for areas to be avoided or in need for additional stewardship recommendations worldwide. This means:
- Scope a plan to extend existing Active Ingredient (AI) vulnerability mapping of leaching in Europe to other regions and countries of the world. E.g. areas or fields that should not be sprayed with certain AIs due to the soil matrix/leaching potential etc. Thus as an example would Brazil be a possible country to develop a groundwater leaching map for AI stewardship recommendation? What maps exists? What information can be derived from other data? What is missing? Who complicated is it to get the full set of data? Major obstacles?
Your Skills & Experiences
- Scope a plan to map other important characteristics of the environment like run-off potential (including slope but also rain event modelling?) adsorption potential, etc.
- Min. 2 years' experience in stewardship or sustainability
- Min. 2 years' experience of data analysis, modeling and statistics
- Degree in natural or life science, or math-related (statistics, maths...)
- Knowledge of the key sustainability and stewardship issues in agriculture
- Understanding of working with other influential stakeholders
- Communicates with impact
- Teamplayer and collaborative behaviour
- Focuses on customers
Our over 450 employees in Switzerland ensure every day that more and more people do not simply go to work, but are able to implement their strengths and knowledge where these assets will be used and valued.
Find out what we can do for you. Apply for this job, or for one of over 2,500 other vacancies at www.adecco.ch Your contact
Herr Fabio Antonelli, Deputy Branch Manager, looks forward to answer your questions by phone +41 61 323 8187 or .
You can apply directly online or by
Please mention reference 138-FAAN-165163-2097-EN in your application.