Manager Market Intelligence (m/f/d)
The SCHMOLZ + BICKENBACH Group is one of the world's leading providers of individual solutions in the special long steel products sector. The Group is one of the leading manufacturers of tool steel and non-corrosive long steel on the global market and one of the two largest companies in Europe for alloyed and high-alloyed quality and engineering steels. With more than 10 000 employees and its own production and distribution companies in more than 30 countries on 5 continents, the company guarantees global support and supply for its customers and offers them a complete portfolio of production and sales & services around the world. Customers benefit from the company's technological expertise, consistently high product quality around the world as well as detailed knowledge of local markets.
- Monitor, collect and structure macroeconomic and steel end-use industries' performance indicators
- Independent market research on steel market developments, S+B Group customers and competitors
- Responsible for monitoring and capturing internal company knowledge and ensure its distribution groupwide
- Prepare management reports based on data analysis
- Identify risks and opportunities for the company based yon data analysis
- Develop and manage the internal market intelligence process, supporting internal stakeholders and sharing best practices
- Master degree in (Macro)Economics, Finance or Engineering
- Experience in comparable roles (2-3 years)
- Solid understanding of the global steel market and steel raw material market
- Strong analytic skills and ability to condense data to write top management reports
- Communicative team player
- Microsoft Office, advanced Excel and Powerpoint
- Fluent in English, German or French are a plus
- A variety of strategically relevant tasks as of May 1, 2020 for 8 months
- A young collaborative team that looks forward to welcoming you
- Opportunities to shape an industry in transition
- Working where others go on vacation: our offices are located at Lake Lucerne
This is a temporary assignment due to parental leave.
We look forward to your application!