7 jobs PR à Basel
Senior Manager Public Affairs/Communications - Emerging Markets (EPD)
Senior Manager Public Affairs/Communications - Emerging Markets (EPD)
Bei Abbott geht es um die Kraft der Gesundheit. Seit über 125 Jahren, helfen wir Menschen ihr eigenes Potential voll auszuschöpfen, weil wir davon überzeugt sind, dass gesündere Menschen und Gesellschaften mehr erreichen können. Mit unserem globalen Netzwerk bedienen wir Kunden in mehr als 150 Ländern und entwickeln innovative Lösungen für das gesamte Gesundheitsspektrum und Menschen in allen Lebensphasen. Hochmoderne Diagnostik, bahnbrechende Medizintechnik, wissenschaftsbasierte Ernährung oder neu formulierte Arzneimittel – wir arbeiten an einigen der innovativsten Technologien, um Menschen ein gesünderes und erfülltes Leben zu schenken.
Unsere Mitarbeiter beginnen jeden Tag mit dem Versprechen, die Gesundheit von Millionen von Menschen auf der ganzen Welt zu verbessern. Wir überwinden Grenzen, um globale Gesundheitsprobleme zu bekämpfen.
Entdecken Sie die Möglichkeiten, die Abbott Ihnen bietet und finden Sie heraus, ob Ihr Talent und Ihre beruflichen Ziele zu unserem Angebot passen. Abbott zeichnet sich durch Diversität und Internationalität aus. Daher begrüßen wir Vielfalt bei unseren Bewerbern.
Schwerbehinderte Bewerberinnen und Bewerber werden bei gleicher Eignung besonders berücksichtigt.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The Senior Manager, Public Affairs, is part of Abbott’s global Public Affairs team and will support Abbott’s medicines business. The Senior Manager, based in Basel, Switzerland, is responsible for identifying opportunities, developing strategy and managing the execution of internal and external corporate communications programs to protect and enhance Abbott's reputation. The Senior Manager must be able to think strategically and provide thoughtful counsel to a broad range of internal and external contacts across all levels of management and in a fast-paced international environment. The candidate will bring deep understanding of the media landscape, external best practice and has a track record of success in program execution. The Senior Manager is responsible for the supervision of public relations firms and management of internal client relationships to help execute communications initiatives. Responsibilities include serving as a company spokesperson on business activities, issues and performance. Lends support to the creation and execution of overall communication activities for Abbott’s medicines business, globally.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Develop strategic communications and competitive positioning for the business to enhance visibility of the company and protect company reputation.
- Develop and oversee development of messages, press materials and other communications tools, including social and online media.
- Work with national and international media as a spokesperson, especially in business press. Coach senior divisional executives and third-party spokespeople on delivery of messages.
- Identify and anticipate issues and work with appropriate functions to counsel management on reputation/business impact and influence business decision-making process. Develop issues management plans and oversee execution of plans.
- Develop strategy and oversee execution for PR programming for product/brand/program. Oversee PR agency teams that assist with planning and execution.
- Interface with various division and corporate constituencies, including government affairs, investor relations, legal, marketing, medical and senior management. Counsel and coach country/regional Public Affairs teams and Affiliate General Managers on communication activities to support the local or regional pharmaceuticals business.
- Develop strategic executive communications to support engagement of Abbott’s medicines employees globally.
- Establish and maintain a strong internal and external network to incorporate and lead adoption of best practices in the business and companywide. Work closely with Corporate and other divisions to ensure sharing of best practices and learning.
The senior manager reports to the Global Director of Public Affairs for Abbott’s medicines business.
All division PA functions have a line reporting relationship to Corporate Public Affairs. This position works with a broad range of internal and external constituencies across all levels of management and functions at both the corporate and division level, including marketing, legal, regulatory affairs, operations, quality, HR, government affairs, investor relations and finance. The senior manager also maintains budget responsibility for PR programming within their scope of work at the division level.
Bachelor’s degree required in journalism, public relations, communications, business, marketing or related field. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
Experience / Training Required:
- 12+ years communications or public relations experience, including experience in corporate communications. Consumer healthcare experience strongly preferred.
- Proven writing, verbal and problem-solving skills and demonstrated success in developing and executing communications that impact reputation. Previous PR experience/responsibilities include: extensive issues management, media strategy, media relationships, social media, stakeholder engagement and PR program development.
- Direct experience with media relations. Proven writing, verbal and problem-solving skills and demonstrated success in developing and executing communications impacting reputation.
- Experience in creation and deployment of successful social media campaigns to meet strategic business objectives is preferred.
- Strong critical thinking skills; ability to synthesize complex information, apply learnings, build business plans and work in matrix environment are required competencies.
- Exceptional communication (oral, written, and presentation) and persuasion skills required. Track record of 'achieving results through others' needed.
- Extensive experience working with senior management a must. Ability to influence and build relationships and trust with internal clients, media and other key stakeholders.
- Experience overseeing PR agencies and leading cross-functional workgroups.
- At ease in a fast-paced operating environment with numerous, sometimes competing priorities.
- Experience counseling clients, offering strategic counsel and pushing back on recommendations when necessary.
- Experience working in an international/multi-cultural environment and with emerging markets preferred. Knowledge of pharmaceutical industry will be considered, but not necessary.
- Must have excellent written and oral skills in English (working language); proficiency in other languages – especially German, Spanish or Russian – considered an advantage.
- Experience in influencer engagement and the management of social media channels is a plus.
Employer of Choice:
Through numerous local, national and international accolades, Abbott is regarded as an employer of choice for our commitment to workplace excellence. Our employees are given the tools to succeed, lead and grow, with challenging opportunities and work that makes a difference. Through our diverse healthcare businesses, we connect people and potential in ways that no other company can. Discover a world of opportunities at Abbott.
PA Public Affairs
Switzerland > Basel : H-127 A1
Yes, 15 % of the Time