1 761 jobs dans le Canton de Bâle-Campagne
Executive Director - New Products, CRM Franchise
Executive Director - New Products, CRM Franchise
Back to Previous Page
Job ID 315157BR Position Title Executive Director – New Products, CRM Franchise Apply to Job
1 in 3 deaths globally is the number of lives lost that’s 17.6 million deaths annually, 9 million from ischemic heart disease and 6 million from stroke. A third of these deaths being in young people < 70 year old. The societal and familial impact is enormous with 17-22 years of life lost due to premature death at costs greater than a trillion dollars. Novartis Cardio Renal Metabolic Franchise has a strong portfolio focused on reversing the course of CV disease.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the CRM Franchise as an Executive NP Director and be part of the mission to change the trajectory of CV disease for millions. The franchise is looking for an agile strategically minded senior executive to lead its Cardiac portfolio and direct commercial strategy to shape and establish a 10bn portfolio. You will lead the Commercial therapeutic area responsible for 10-year strategy for the Cardiac pillar, a core strategic pillar that positions Novartis as the leading innovator in the cardio vascular medicine well into the future. The remit to design and build an industry leading innovative portfolio.
• Development and alignment of an integrated disease area strategy, integrating the internally developed research product portfolio with externally licensing / acquisitions opportunities and determining strategy and portfolio prioritization on external assets in line with New Products, Development, Commercial and BD&L Heads in a multidisciplinary matrix environment.
• Key remit is determining future portfolio and asset specific therapeutic positioning and completing commercial evaluations to determine revenue potential, substantiated by primary and secondary sources of market research,
• Advanced leadership role requiring high agility in acquiring therapeutic area knowledge and used to working in a time sensitive licensing or acquisition mode.
• Key areas of focus: Cardiac e.g. Heart Failure, Hypertension, Atrial Fibrillation.
What you bring to the role
• PHD, MD or other advanced University degree in Science plus MBA. Plus consulting or equivalent experience highly desirable
• Minimum 10 – 12 years' professional experience in pharma and/or medical devices industry, preferably in multiple geographies (Global with US very desirable).
• Highly agile having the capacity to lead and direct a therapeutic area strategy and manage multiple prelaunch priorities simultaneously (internal development program and acquisitions)
• Extensive experience in pipeline development, management and commercial experience
• Substantial Business Development and Acquisitions experience evaluating new product opportunities through M&A, BD&L.
• Experience managing in senior executives settings and managing and developing direct reports.
• Proven ability to think cross functionally and manage efficiently in a matrix, able to develop a common vision and align line functions – across commercial and development – without direct authority.
• Extensive exposure to multi country product launch issues; launch experience with new product or major line extension
• Broad therapeutic experience in relevant disease areas highly desirable
Why consider Novartis?
769 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2020. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here:
https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network[SS(1] Division PHARMA Business Unit GLOBAL PRODUCT & PORTFOLIO STRATEGY Location Switzerland Site Basel Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Marketing Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Shift Work No
Apply to Job
Access Job Account
- Jump to Comments