Events logistics coordinator
Institut de Hautes Etudes Internationales et du DéveloppementGenève 21
Date de publication:21 juillet 2022
Type de contrat:Temporaire
Lieu de travail:1211 Genève 21
Events logistics coordinator
PERIOD OF CONTRACT: Maximum duration contract
ACTIVITY RATE: 100 %
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 08-08-2022
Mission, role and activities:
CTEI brings together the research activities of eminent professors of economics, law and political science in the area of trade, economic integration and globalization. It provides a forum for discussion and dialogue between the global research community, including the Institute's student body and research centres in the developing world, and the international business community, as well as international organisations and NGOs. The Centre runs research projects and organises events, hosts multi-stakeholder platforms (The Geneva Trade Platform (GTP, The Forum on Trade, Environment and the SDGs (TESS), and the Thinking Ahead on Societal Change Platform (TASC)) and occasionally hosts a visiting scholar.
The CTEI Logistics coordinator has a crucial role in supporting all of this, ensuring all operations run smoothly and that all CTEI’s stakeholders receive the support and attention needed.
The main duties of the CTEI logistics coordinator will be split across 5 main areas: administrative tasks, events, communications, student relations, and other.
- Draft, fill in and follow-up with the various administrative requirements linked to the day-to-day
running of CTEI (HR requests, invoices, reimbursements, etc.).
- Organize internal coordination meetings and schedule external meetings as required
- Provide administrative support (as needed) to the platforms and programmes
- Ensure an accurate file and e-mail classification within the share drives
- Ensure the tasks of the reception for CTEI (and its platforms and programmes as needed)
(including welcoming and guiding visitors, receive and distributing the mailing and deliveries)
- Coordinate with the management for the planning and budgeting of the different events
- Ensure the organization of the in person and online events, including all administrative and
logistic tasks: sending invitations, booking meeting rooms, ordering catering, preparing coffee
breaks, setting up the rooms
- Collect and coordinate all digital materials needed for events (short event descriptions, bios,
- Ensure the recording of all online events and create an archive post event, and posting on the
- Follow-up on attendees’ satisfaction on the basis of satisfaction questionnaires
- Take care of the renting, including the bookings, keeping the calendar up to date,
- coordinating with the cleaning service; preparing and sending the invoices
- Identify, train, and coordinate students/volunteers for the delivery of the onsite events and
- Identify security needs and coordinate with the security department or manager
- Define deadlines and coordinate with the operations and IT/logistics team for the layout of
rooms and spaces, public and catering areas
- Prepare and execute a communications plan in collaboration with management
- Update the website with the relevant information
- Communicate about event before and during the event using social media (using the CTEI
- twitter and linked accounts) or work with dedicated student to do so
- Prepare communication materials for others to use: e.g., LinkedIn, CTEI email, etc.
- Coordinate with the communications team at the Graduate Institute
- Work with dedicated student to implement the communications plan
- Provide logistical and administrative support to CTEI’s student-related activities, including:
- Lab Economic Law Clinic, GIELS, GTDW, Moot Court Competition, Model WTO, and Colloquiums
with international organisations
- Support CTEI management identify new CTEI-related initiatives to engage the student body
and enhance their experience at the Graduate Institute and coordinate the logistical aspects of
- Support the CTEI managing director develop and implement new partnerships (internally and
- Support filing/developing the administrative aspects of research proposals
- Any other similar tasks related to his/her responsibilities
- Bachelors level in Business Administration, Event and Communications management, or similar
- Prior experience in organisation of complex events: in person, online, and hybrid, including
- Prior experience preparing and running communications campaigns, including through social
- Prior experience engaging high-level public officials and diplomatic community is a plus
- Experience working with events software (zoom, Cisco webex, salesforce, etc)
- Experience working with administrative aspects, including accounting and HR
- Highly organized and structured
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Prior experience in international trade is a plus
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English, French is a plus.
- Experience working within the Graduate Institute, knowledge of processes, systems, teams,
and students is a plus
Geneva Graduate Institute with possibility to telework 1 day per week
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, marital status, disability status, race, national origin, color, gender, sexual orientation or religion.
For more information, candidates are encouraged to consult the Institute's website: graduateinstitute.ch
Please note that offers received by post won't be considered.
Institut de Hautes Etudes Internationales et du Développement
Agences de placement s'abstenir s.v.p.