Language Ecosystem Product Manager
Date de publication :26 mai 2023
Taux d'activité :100%
Type de contrat :Durée indéterminée
Lieu de travail :PO BOX 765, 1215 Geneva 15
Language Ecosystem Product Manager
The impact you can have
As a Language Ecosystem Product Manager, you will take care of the overall developer experience of our 3 products (SonarLint, SonarQube, and SonarCloud) through the prism of a single programming language and its entire ecosystem, ensuring that we consistently deliver value to developers and their teams in the right way according to the specific characteristics of the language in terms of IDEs, CI/CD services, frameworks and libraries, and so on.
To achieve this perfect match, we need a passionate Product Manager who will research, clarify and prioritize the needs for developers and translate those needs across our product line. In doing so, you will become an expert user of our products, from very high-level features down to technical aspects of individual rules. You will join the Product Management team, which is composed of other passionate Product Managers eager to collaborate with you. And you will also work closely with engaged Engineering teams to ensure that the proposed solutions meet the expected outcome so that we collectively deliver the best products to help development teams write clean and safe code.
By joining us, you will bring your deep knowledge of programming, your passion for code quality and your experience as a Product Manager to help SonarSource reach the next level and provide an awesome user experience to millions of developers.
As a Product Manager, you will
- Contribute to the product visions and communicate about it, internally and externally.
- Research, clarify and prioritize opportunities to build and maintain an effective roadmap.
- Interact with our users and customers on our product forum to support them, integrate their feedback and identify opportunities.
- Align with the engineering teams on the problems to solve and support them during the end-to-end development stage of the solutions.
- Sync with the engineering teams to ensure that there is a good balance among innovation, consolidation, and stability.
- Work closely with other product managers to design cross-product features.
- Follow what’s happening in your language ecosystem to anticipate changes and feed your thoughts with potential innovations.
- Attend conferences and give talks if you like.
- Help the Product Management team grows in its organization, tools, and processes.
The skills you will demonstrate
- Passionate about one or more of our flagship languages, and how to write clean code in those languages.
- Experience in software product management, preferably in an agile context.
- Highly autonomous and pragmatic.
- Open-minded and very positive can-do attitude.
- Comfortable in dealing with change, complexity and uncertainty.
- Self-confident enough to challenge the status quo as well as to receive feedback.
- Leadership: you take initiative and demonstrate your ability to lead a subject from beginning to end.
Words from the team
Our team is made of 7 passionate teammates making sure our products provide the features developers love in line with the company strategy. We share values like collaboration, kindness, and continuous improvement.
Our products are widely adopted, new features are frequently requested by our community and we constantly want to implement new features. We need to increase the size of the team so that every Product Manager is having the time to think and fully dig into the topics.
Our typical day is made of research related to new domains we want to cover, specification and validation of new features in collaboration with engineering teams. We also collaborate with many other teams to make sure we deliver the best products.
Why you will love it here
• Safe work culture - we value respect, kindness, and the right to fail.
• Flexible hours - we schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
• Great people - we value people skills as much as technical skills and strive to keep things friendly and laid back. Still, that does not prevent us to be passionate leaders in our domains. Our 300+ SonarSourcers from 33 different nationalities can relate!
• Work-life balance - keeping a healthy work-life balance is important. This is why we have a hybrid work policy and some people prefer working some days from home.
• Always keep learning - in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is a must, and we're happy to help our team to acquire them.
What we do
Sonar was started by a team of developers that wanted to change the way code is built in an agile development process. The company was created to develop the open-source tool SonarQube, which is now the standard in code quality management with over 350,000 instances deployed today. Every day we are focused on solving developers’ next big problem.
Who we are
At Sonar we believe in people, excellence, and delivery. We’re a team of problem solvers and overachievers who seek out others who are also passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride. We work hard not because we’re told to, but because we genuinely love what we do and do what we love. If there’s one main message we want you to remember about us, it’s that we push others to be best in class at whatever they do: choose your battle, innovate, take risks, and lead change. Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together.
If this sounds like you, apply now!