Assistant to Head of Engineering (f/m)
Assistant to Head of Engineering (f/m) 100%
Stadler has been building trains for more than 75 years. Thanks to our innovation, flexibility and reliability, today we are a leading manufacturer of railway vehicles. In 2017, Stadler has established an independent, international center of competence for signalling technology. Several teams of highly qualified engineers and specialists are currently conducting research and developing specific signalling solutions. These include solutions in the areas of automatic train operation (ATO), train protection (ETCS) and driverless metro trains (CBTC).
With successful ATO tests running, the first unrestricted ETCS Level 2 homologation reached, the first ETCS Refit order signed and the first CBTC project in execution, we looking for someone to join our team and help us shape the future of mobility.
- Support the Head of Engineering with ad-hoc technical and business analyses and the development of strategic concepts
- Support the project teams in complex situations and grow into a technical project management role
- Work with our project teams in ATO, ETCS or CBTC to ensure project execution / bid proposals
- Support process improvements as well as the expansion of the organizational structure
- Support meetings and workshops on management level (e.g. preparation, minute-taking)
- Finished technical studies or business studies with technical interest (ETH/TU/FH or comparable)
- Relevant internships or work experience in a technical or commercial environment with first experience in managing a (student / small) project
- Preferably, with experience in Software Engineering
- Outstanding analytical skills, combined with a very independent way of working
- Track record of delivering in unstructured situations
- Passion to quickly take ownership of own projects and tasks
- Motivated, proactive and flexible personality with a high ambition to learn and deliver
- Very good skills in German and English, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of relevant technical tools / programming languages as well as MS office
International dynamic environment with start-up character and high diversity. We create new solutions close to the pulse of the future and actively shape the future of rail transport. We offer a varied and exciting field of activity with plenty of room for flexibility and development.