IT Support Engineer
ALL CVs TO BE SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH
The IT Support Engineer will be responsible for providing IT support to the local office in Nyon, Switzerland. Assisting other offices with remote support as needed will also be required. The support is provided to a varied user base including executive level, so it will be necessary to take responsibility for all queries and resolve them as quickly as possible. This is a strongly office-based role with very limited ability to work remotely.
It is important to note that SCB infrastructure is highly interlinked (5 main locations) with a very high pressure and time sensitive business where keeping things flowing is paramount. Pre-emptive maintenance and always having a plan-B is essential for performing well in this role.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting senior technical experts in the design and planning of software and hardware installations.
- Installing, maintaining, administering and troubleshooting hardware & software on enterprise managed Windows 10 and Android devices.
- Managing and performing moves, changes, enhancements and corrections to office layout for PC's, printers and other hardware.
- Coordinating external specialist support as needed.
- Ability to take ownership of, troubleshoot and resolve multi-disciplinary IT issues.
- Assisting with video meeting & conference support.
- Triaging and resolving issues with complex Excel sheets (including VBA). Escalating to development when required.
- Managing and configuring Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and other cloud services – for example ticketing systems and security services.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and must be able to work on their own initiative. An excellent understanding of hardware, software and troubleshooting in an enterprise managed Office365 / Azure AD environment is essential.
Additional skills and competencies:
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Developed understanding of security management in an IT environment.
- Technical and analytical mind-set.
- Clear writing and verbal communication.
- Results-oriented with personal accountability and attention to detail.
- Strong customer service skills.
- PC Desktop and applications support (Windows 10).
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office365 and Teams.
- Support of enterprise managed Windows 10 and Android devices.
- Strong Excel understanding- formulas, pivot tables, VBA. Experience of another programming language will be considered in absence of VBA provided willing to learn VBA and otherwise good Excel knowledge.
- Script language skills such as PowerShell.
- Level 1 technical troubleshooting.
- Understanding of TCP/IP and basic networks skills.
- English will be essential for the role and French would be an advantage.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
- SharePoint an advantage.
- Voice communication experience with PBX/VoIP systems an advantage.
- Experience configuring ticketing systems (especially Jira) an advantage.
- Basic knowledge of databases and SQL an advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience supporting and troubleshooting hardware & software problems in an Office365 / Azure AD based environment.
- ITIL or Microsoft certification would be a plus.
SCB provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Apply for This Job