Network Support Engineer Europe - Switzerland
Primary Location: Switzerland
Requisition ID: 201486
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Intuitive Surgical is a highly innovative medical device manufacture that has changed the paradigm of minimal invasive surgery. We are looking for individuals that are interested utilizing their network and systems engineering and support skills and experiences to pivot from the traditional IT roles and responsibilities into a customer and product driven environment. The primary focus of this position is to provide end-to-end monitoring troubleshooting, and technical support for a wired and wireless network system and supporting various software applications in a multi-tiered service support environment. The EU Network Support Engineer will work with our US office, Aubonne Switzerland European office, and alongside our European Field Service Engineers and Customer Sales / Support Organization to primarily support our EU customers. The ideal candidate will be a very good communicator, should be able to effectively trouble shoot over the phone, and enjoys working with a broad individuals with varying level of skillsets supporting the network services of very complex medical products.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Respond to customer inquiries, primarily via the phone, email or online chat
- Provide Tier 1 & 2 phone support by working closely with EU Customers and our internal Technical Support / Field Service teams to remotely analyze and troubleshoot complex network connectivity problems, user access and general software application support.
- Support pre and post sales activities as technical subject matter expert; this can include conference calls with C-level executives, DPO, Net/Sec Engineers, Legal, and Clinical to articulate and or answer network, data and security designs/questions about our product/services
- Responsible for completing customer’s request for information / risk questionnaires.
- Gain a deep understanding of EU cyber and data regulations required for a medical device and or doing business within the EU community
- Work closely with Product Support and Engineering to increase the products effectiveness, usability and serviceability of the device / application
- Create and maintain service or departmental procedural documentation
- Create and maintain active directory accounts and PKI certificates
- Gain a solid understanding of our on daVinci® products, services and Intuitive Surgical’ s policies, processes and procedures.
- Effectively use Intuitive business systems enter and track complaints, retrieve contact information and client network information
- Support Engineering development work which may include off hour verification testing
- Be able to execute ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- Work collaboratively with the organization to achieve client business goals by providing essential job functions and able to recognize and drive key initiatives to support corporate/departmental goals
- Work within a Global Support Team to provide support over a wide range of time zones; some travel and a flexible work schedule is required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline; or 5+ years equivalent experience acceptable working in network support center environment, preferably in the medical device industry. Current professional certifications, such as MCSE, CCNA, CWNA, CWSP and CompTIA Network+ or Security+ certifications are preferred
- Knowledge of network operations, configuration and troubleshooting TCP/IP, HTTPS, Router skills, VLANs, VPN technology, Firewall skills and NAT/PAT address translation.
- In-depth knowledge of core IT technologies and processes (e.g., network systems, operating systems, databases, access controls, change control processes, application and system development, IT operations, incident response, monitoring, and asset management)
- Familiar with cybersecurity best practices
- Familiar with data privacy and protection regulations; such as GDPR
- Comprehensive hands on experience with LAN/WLAN/WAN, and Voice/Video over IP
- Excellent analysis, troubleshooting and debugging skills, in particular TCP/IP and 802.11 networking protocols
- Be familiar with working with hospital IT or in a medical regulated environment
- Be familiar with network security infrastructure, threats and vulnerabilities to networks, and mitigate security threats.
- Professional with great customer facing skills that can discuss technical information with a wide range of audiences (From service engineers to CTO/CIO)
- Effectively work and communicate and within the team and upper management
- Exceptional ability to multi-task, make sound judgments and respond with a sense of urgency in order to effectively support the business. Thoroughness in completing tasks is imperative.
- Ability to work remotely and self-manage workload with moderate supervision
- Ability to ask the right questions, think on your feet, and be resourceful when faced with new challenges
- Familiar with networking Medical devices and networking guidance’s such as ISO 27001 and data protection regulations such as GDPR and Federal Data Protection Act - Bundesdatenschutzgesetz
- Must read, write and speak fluent English, and German, French is a plus