Director, Managed Market EMEA
More about the role
Join a team that is changing millions of lives.
Transforming smiles, changing lives
At Align Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a person’s life, so we create technology that gives people the confidence to take on whatever’s next. We revolutionized the orthodontic industry with the introduction of the Invisalign system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation. Our diverse and collaborative teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
Ready to join us?
About this opportunity
Founded in California in 1997, Align Technology (Align) is a global medical device company that designs, manufactures, and markets medical devices grounded in and powered by digital innovation. Align revolutionized orthodontic treatment over 20 years ago with the introduction of the Invisalign® clear aligners, a new treatment option to patients with malocclusions. Today, Align continues to drive technology forward to help dental professionals transform their patients’ experience, improve outcomes while revolutionizing the practice of dentistry.
Together with the Invisalign system, the iTero ® intra-oral scanners and services, and a suite of software tools and applications that include exocad CAD/CAM software , Align has created an end-to-end digital platform that is driving a digital evolution in dentistry and practice efficiencies. Align employs more than 19,000 employees globally and around 2,000 in the EMEA.
Over the last decade, Align has grown considerably internationally. With this growth, the need for Align to ensure that its effective, cutting-edge orthodontic and restorative treatment options are accessible to all patients in EMEA has emerged.
The position of Director Managed Market EMEA is therefore now being created to drive market access and market engagement with local stakeholders (payors, government and public institutions) to maximize the presence of Align’s brands, products and services’ in digital dentistry whilst accounting for the multiplicity, complexity and heterogeneity of the reimbursement landscape in the region.
He/She will be part of Align’s Global Legal, Regulatory and Quality team and will report directly to the EMEA General Counsel based in Rotkreuz, Switzerland, with a dotted line to the VP, Global Public Affairs & Policy based in the US.
The Director, Managed Market EMEA will provide strategic leadership to drive regional market access and managed markets activities with commercial accountability. The incumbent will work with multiple cross-functional teams to successfully support Align’s efforts to level the playing field and drive market access and market engagement amongst all relevant external stakeholders and payors to maximize Align brands, products and services in the field of digital dentistry.
The position is office-based in Rotkreuz with travel upto 20%
In this role, you will…
- Identify local market access/funding/reimbursement value-based engagement opportunities by researching and conducting analysis of target markets in terms of reimbursement and funding, existing and emerging payer policies, competitive landscape, trends, pricing, contracting strategies, and any potential barriers to providers and patient access.
- Define sound market access plans and strategy in line with existing local policy and emerging regional policy.
- Develop tools substantiating economic value related to health outcomes to key stakeholders in the region.
- Develop and implement local and regional programs using market data analysis for the EMEA region and manage potential HTA submissions in key selected markets to assess any public or private reimbursement opportunities.
- Support stakeholder mapping and engagement to obtain and/or maintain optimal patient access conditions and drive recognition and acceptances of Align’s end-to-end digital platform, products, and services in EMEA.
- Work closely with Align global teams and advise on specific regional or local needs regarding HEOR, evidence base and documentation to comply with EMEA requirements for reimbursement, product positioning, and communication to and with third party payers, government entities and other market access partners.
- Enable development of innovative procurement, reimbursement schemes, and value- based contracting in close coordination with Align regional and local leadership teams.
- Provide information and support to inform key opinion leaders, pertaining to improved outcomes and public policy matters.
In this role, you’ll need …
- University degree in Scientific, Economics or Management with a PhD, MBA or post degree in Health Economics.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience within the medical device or pharmaceutical industry with at least 5 years in Market Access/HEOR and a proven track record of successful implementation of Access strategies and the launch of new products including in the digital arena.
- Good knowledge of the EMEA and Russia Health Care system.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to aggregate and convert complex data into simple messages for internal and external clients.
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills with a systematic, exact and independent working style.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken. and German and additional European languages will be a plus.
- Strong business acumen and strategic leadership skills with ability to drive sustainable change with impact on results in a variety of subjects or businesses
- Conceptualization & pragmatic approach to execution in complex environments
- Proven success as influencer, maximizing human potential in a multicultural environment and cross-functional teams.
Sound like a good fit?
Great! Click the "Apply" link to let us know you are interested. Not the right fit? Don’t worry, Align is quickly growing so we are creating more opportunities to expand our Align family. Please consider joining our Talent Network to receive notifications about future jobs or sharing this opportunity with others in your network.
Align Technology is a publicly traded medical device company that is transforming smiles and changing lives. Our global team of talented employees develop innovative technology, tools and treatment options to help dental professionals worldwide achieve the clinical results they expect. Our digital ecosystem combines the power of technology to create beautiful smiles through the integration of AI and machine learning, digital imaging and visualization, biomechanics and material science to develop the Invisalign system, the most advanced clear aligner system in the world; iTero Intraoral Scanners and OrthoCAD digital services. Did you know? Align is the world’s largest manufacturer of custom 3D-printed materials.
By joining Align, you will be part of a global, fast-growing company in one of the most dynamic industries. Great people, innovative technologies, and meaningful work – these are just some of the things employees say make Align Technology a great place to work.
We respect your privacy. Please review our Applicant Privacy Policies for additional information.
Global Diversity Statement:
At Align, we believe in the power of a smile, and we know that every smile is as unique as our employees. As we grow, we will continue building a workforce of diverse cultural backgrounds and life experiences and fostering a culture of open-mindedness and compassion for all our employees. We live our company values by promoting healthy people and healthy communities. All with the intent of changing millions of lives, one unique smile at a time.
Equal Opportunity Statement
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in all of our employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for positions with Align must be legally authorized to work in the country which they are applying for and verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.