Senior Consultant in Financial Accounting Advisory Services/ Financial Services EMEIA FSO
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Visit us at http://www.ey.com/CH/en/Careers
Our Financial Services Organization in Geneva is the only Big 4 firm with functional and cross-country specialization in the financial services sector, we offer our customers all over the world seamless, consistent and high quality services.
we created Financial Accounting Advisory Services
(FAAS) to bring together global, multi-disciplinary teams. We offer deep sector knowledge to help our clients navigate the complex finance issues facing their business by combining technical accounting skills with specialist resources from Advisory, Tax and Transactions. We work with our clients to address the challenges of a changing financial and regulatory landscape and the associated impact on reporting processes, people, controls and systems. To strengthen our FAAS team in Geneva, we are looking for a Senior Consultant in Financial Accounting Advisory Services/ Financial Services EMEIA FSO Your tasks:
As a major professional services firm with a globally integrated financial services practice, we are looking for a talented Senior Consultant who has the intellectual curiosity and entrepreneurial spirit to help our clients make their business a better business. In your role as Senior Consultant
you tasks will be as follows:
- You will support our teams in the delivery of consulting projects across accounting change, regulatory change and the associated evolution of the finance functions within banking and asset management organizations.
- You will support clients in IFRS conversion projects and the implementation of new accounting standards, teaming up with our clients' financial reporting teams to help deliver financial information and improve reporting processes.
- You will support clients in driving the regulatory change agenda for banks and/or asset management organizations, assisting on projects as a finance specialist.
- You will support clients with the functional evolution of finance to meet the changing needs of internal and external stakeholders.
- You will research technical issues and compile briefing papers for clients and our own staff.
Your profile to help us make a difference:
Barthélémy Balaÿ is looking forward to receiving your application
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Accounting and Finance (or Business) and beneficially in the course to get a further professional qualification like Chartered Accountancy qualification (CPA / CA).
- At least 2-4 years of IFRS, Swiss GAAP FER or Accounting Rules for Banks experience, ideally gained within the banking/asset management sector or in consulting, including an in-depth understanding of the banking, asset management (or insurance) industry/business obtained in the course of previous audit, consulting or industry experience.
- Understanding of the process and system landscape in the banking and/or asset management industry is a plus.
- Assertive and proactive approach to delivering and implementing projects, coupled with ability to network effectively within large organizations and build relationships with individuals and clients.
- Advanced Excel and data analytics skills is a plus.
- Fluency in French and English is essential
Ambitious? Set your sights high and realize your goals with us! Shape your career at Ernst & Young: in a culture that promotes diversity and education. In an environment where knowledge sharing, flexibility and recognition are key to creating new opportunities.
Do the next step and apply for this position online. For further information please contact our recruitment team (Recruitment.email@example.com / +41 58 286 33 66).
Only direct applications will be considered.