Glenmark Pharmaceuticals (www.glenmarkpharma.com) is a research-led, global, fully integrated pharmaceutical company. The group is present in more than 40 countries including the USA and Europe. Our Swiss operation encompasses the Company’s Biological Research and Development Centres located at the Biopôle campus in Lausanne and in the region of Neuchâtel and focuses on the discovery and development of novel biological entities comprising monoclonal antibodies and proprietary bispecific format. We provide an attractive, international and multicultural research environment with career opportunities for scientists engaged in applied biomedical sciences. We are a rapidly growing company with an attractive and competitive early research and development portfolio in the areas of immuno-oncology, respiratory and dermatology research.
Research Officer Biotherapeutics Discovery
- Develop and perform diverse in vitro cell-based assays including primary human assays to support advancement of biotherapeutic candidates.
- Utilize functional readouts including flow cytomery, cytokine and chemokine multiplex techniques and quantitative PCR to determine functional modulation of target proteins.
- Perform data analysis, data management and interpretation.
- Report experimental results into electronic laboratory notebooks in a timely manner.
- Provide support to write technical reports and protocols.
- Actively search literature and other public databases to identify relevant protocols and scientific information.
- Make oral presentations of results in English.
- Comply with safety guidelines.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
- Laboratory technician diploma or equivalent with at least 5 years of experience or Master’s degree in life sciences
- Knowledge in tissue culture and cell-based assays
- Knowledge in data handling and management using standard software (e.g. Excel, GraphPad, flow cytometric analysis)
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry a plus
- Good understanding of English, both written and verbal; French is a plus
- Strong organizational skills with the capacity to handle multiple experiments and techniques simultaneously
- Ability to work independently as well as within teams crossing disciplines and functions
- Excellent communication skills