Junior Risk Analyst
The Junior Risk Analyst’s primary purpose is, while increasing their level of autonomy in solving complex issues, to control the trading activity, to produce analysis and to deliver reports and alerts to decision makers (Traders and Management).
Junior Risk Analyst
- Calculating and reporting daily P&L and exposure for a certain part of the global portfolio
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with internal policies and limits
- Providing market analysis and interpretation of portfolio risk on daily risk reporting
- Analyzing market positions and running figures through modeling techniques to find Value-at-Risk (VAR) measures
- Carrying out ad-hoc market or quantitative analysis
- Using financial packages and software, including ETRM software
- Participate in special development projects as needed to assist the Chief Risk Officer
- Working closely with traders to analyze specific trading transactions
- Participate in ad hoc projects and take actions to develop and implement new projects related to Risk Management
If you have:
- University degree in mathematics, physics, engineering, economics or information technology.
- Under 5 years’ total experience, working ideally 1-2 years in a trading company and/or the energy industry
- Good knowledge of financial instruments used in capital markets and advanced statistical knowledge (econometrics and data analysis)
- Sound understanding of trading and global financial markets as well as hedging and paper contracts.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, preferably with VBA and SQL programming / Knowledge of a ETRM system
- Analytical thinking: approach problem solving systematically, anticipation of obstacles, make logical conclusions and see implications/consequences of solutions
- Rigor / Attention to detail / Proactive attitude
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills. French and Russian are assets.
Then we will be pleased to receive your full application on:
email@example.com with the reference JRA-EK1101 in the subject of your email.
Only direct email applications will be considered for this role.