EUROPEAN ASSOCIATION FOR THE STUDY OF THE LIVER OFFICE
EVENTS COORDINATOR (GENEVA – CH)
The European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL) is looking for a new Events Coordinator. EASL is a non-profit organization (NPO) with its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. It performs its duty under a written constitution.
EASL was established in 1966 by a founding group of 70 European hepatologists. Over the past 50 years it has grown into a major European medical association with significant international representation and global influence. EASL currently has over 4,000 members from all continents, and the annual meeting is now the major international scientific event for liver diseases with more than 10,000 participants. EASL’s core mission is the promotion of research and education concerning the liver and liver diseases. EASL runs a comprehensive portfolio of conferences, schools and related educational meetings. More recently, EASL has established a broad collection of online education and digital tools.
EASL acts as an advisor to European and national health authorities. All EASL activities and projects are coordinated and executed by the EASL office in Geneva, which currently hosts more than 30 employees across several departments. The current office covers a broad range of expertise from events management, education and publishing to marketing, finance management and public relations.
The Media and Communications Coordinator will be a dynamic member of the Marketing and Communication team, responsible for communication dissemination of several major projects, driving content creation on EASL’s marketing channels, supervising press activities and supporting the development of corporate communications plans.
The selected candidate will be enthusiastic and bring clear ideas on how to organise her/his tasks. She/He will have proven records of the necessary hard skills required but also a service-oriented approach to the job and a positive and energetic mindset. The selected candidate will be able to multi-task and work independently with a hands-on attitude, be organised, precise, pro-active, patient and dedicated.
Main responsibilities include:
Support the media dissemination of Advocacy Projects
-Create content, liaise with project body and serve as the main point of contact.
-Represent EASL at EU Horizon 2020 consortia meetings and present updated content.
-Review, amend and ensure EASL follows EU Horizon 2020 grant agreements.
-Research and administer social media tools.
-Research dissemination opportunities for EU projects (EU observer, The Guardian, Geneva Press club, etc.).
EASL corporate communication and editorial
-Write and edit compelling news, marketing and editorial content on EASL’s communications channels including; website, social media, newsletters, videos, annual report, policy papers and brochures.
-Proactively contribute to EASL’s editorial calendar and collaborate with other EASL departments, experts and partners to ensure relevant content is promoted at the optimal time on the most effective channels.
- Support consistent editorial style and ensure that EASL’s editorial guidelines are implemented and up-to-date.
-Help drive communications by pushing key strategic messages in written content.
-Supervise, disseminate, and sometimes author EASL press releases.
-Support the coordination of press releases and press events, respond to media requests and improve media relations.
-Develop EASL’s media lists and use the most effective channels for dissemination.
-Monitor media activity and create punctual media coverage reports.
-Organize and supervise press release activities for the International Liver Congress (ILC).
• Supervise and authorize media attendees at ILC, answer all media related questions and serve as main point of contact for media
• Proofread press releases
• Supervise onsite staff: press office, press registration desk, press conferences.
• Compile media coverage report.
The skill set required:
- Public Health Background
- 5 years’ experience in media and communications
- Previous experience in NGOs /Health care/ Associations
- Excellent writing and editorial skills
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, problem solving, planning and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
- Service oriented
- Meticulous, precise and rigorous
- Willingness to carry out administrative tasks
- Proficiency in MS Office, MS outlook, social media and website management tools.
- Fluency in English (perfect written and spoken), Fluency in French would be a strong asset
- Please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB. Due to time constraints, we will only answer to the applicants that are selected for a first round of interview. Thank you for your understanding.