4SD is a rapidly-growing social enterprise, established late in 2017 and based in Founex, canton de Vaud, Switzerland. It develops the capacities of leaders (public and private) who are responsible for transformations towards sustainable development. 4SD supports specific global systems initiatives focusing on food, nutrition, climate and health and develops training and mentoring for improving leadership for sustainable development. 4SD now seeks an enthusiastic, responsible and well-organized Senior Executive Assistant to support the work of its CEO, Strategic Director in a timely and professional manner. If you are appointed to this role, you will offer high-quality administrative and clerical assistance to top-level Strategic Director who operates world-wide, in global and local spheres, in support of sustainable development.
The Executive Assistant’s main duties include scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, organizing daily calendars for intense high-level engagement of 4SD Strategic Director and routing correspondence. To be successful in this role, you should be a good organizer, proactive, meet deadlines and communicate effectively. Our ideal candidate is curious, humble and confident, experienced and wanting to learn continuously.
Ultimately, you should be able to identify and address the needs of 4SD Strategic Director and perform administrative tasks to ensure 4SD workflow runs smoothly.
1. Assists 4SD Strategic Director with daily administrative duties and complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that include managing an active calendar of appointments; completing expense reporting; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas and compiling documents for meetings
2. Coordinates logistics for 4SD meetings and support the execution of 4SD workplan led by 4SD Managing Director
3. Drafts reports, letters of solicitation, proposals; prepares and coordinates oral and written communication with clients, donors and prospects
4. Assists in coordinating the agenda of 4SD Strategic and Managing Directors and 4SD team meetings. Prepares an account of the meetings and designates and follows up on assigned action items
5. Performs other duties as assigned
Experience & Education
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience with social sciences background and an interest in national and global issues
· strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
· five to ten years providing support for upper-level management in a related organisation (i.e. international development)
Skills & Abilities
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build respectful constructive relationships with a diverse range of people
· Previous experience working with high-level executive
· Proficiency in Windows, including MS Word, EXCEL, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Ability to learn new software
· Ability to conduct research and present data in a succinct and well-written manner
· Ability to work independently and with professional discretion
· Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational, and research skills
· Excellent management, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
· Fluent in English and French, knowledge of Spanish or German helpful
· Office location presently in Founex, Switzerland. Candidates need to have a swiss work permit.
· Occasional travel may be involved
· Joyful, hard working environment
· 30 days of paid annual leave
· Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience