The United Kingdom Mission to the United Nations in Geneva represents the interests and policies of the UK at the UN and is recruiting an enthusiastic and motivated team member who can become an integral part of the Corporate Services Team and take on a variety of roles.
The Corporate Services Officer based in the Corporate Services Team will be responsible for delivering diligent administrative support services to enhance customer satisfaction specifically on Protocol and Procurement issues and providing support to incoming and outgoing UK-based staff relocating to or from Geneva.
Corporate Services Officer
- To become the centre of knowledge on the reciprocal health cover arrangements between the UK and Switzerland. This includes dealing with invoices, seeking reimbursement from our insurance company, creating and maintaining guidance on medical cover and insurance matters for Officers and their dependants;
- Be familiar with Foreign and Commonwealth health policies in order to advise Officers and their families;
- Update and maintain the Mission agreed medical supplier list to reduce bureaucracy and delays in procurements;
- Work to streamline and develop Terms of Reference for support systems which help our staff, such as how to claim medical expenses locally.
- Excellent IT skills in both hardware and software with the ability to become the Deputy IT Support Officer. Specific training will be provided.
- Support UK-based staff: handle accreditation with the Swiss Mission of UK based staff and families including processing work permits, dependant’s passes, diplomatic IDs, United Nations passes and duty free petrol cards in a timely manner;
- Logistical support: arrange customs clearance and delivery (incoming and outgoing) of personal effects of UK based staff including unaccompanied airfreight and heavy baggage and all other official consignments for Embassy use;
- Arrange customs clearance, registration, deregistration, and shipments of the Mission’s official vehicles and UK based staff private cars. Advise on the sale and purchase of both official and private vehicles;
- Arrange registration for UK based officers under the reciprocal healthcare scheme.
Procurement & Finance
- Raise requisitions with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s management information and accounting system (Prism) and submit to CSM (Corporate Services Manager) for approvals;
- Receiving of goods and services;
- Preparing invoices for payment;
- Supplying official and private TVA exemption forms;
- Provide training for new staff on use of the PRISM (Oracle) management information and accounting system.
- Provide general administrative support including fielding requests from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in London and UK based staff locally;
- Research and brief UK based staff (on arrival and departure) regarding administrative issues;
- Complete research as instructed by the Corporate Services Manager on relevant FCO policy and promote and communicate changes within the mission;
- Deputise for colleagues in the Corporate Services Team during periods of scheduled leave.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Fluency in English and French (both oral and written);
- Ability to develop a good knowledge and understanding of the structure and organisation of the Swiss Mission;
- Ability to gain an understanding of the Vienna Convention; and Swiss and Geneva laws as applicable to the UK Mission;
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and assimilate new tasks/areas of work;
- Results and service orientation skills;
- 1-2 years’ experience in an office environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong customer focus;
- Ability to work with contacts and colleagues at all levels;
- Personal drive and the ability to work autonomously as well as in a team;
- Strong organisational skills with excellent attention to detail;
- Comprehensive IT skills, including Excel.
NOTE: Please apply through this link https://fco.tal.net/vx/appcentre-ext/brand-2/candidate/so/pm/4/pl/1/opp/8664-UK-Mission-to-Geneva-Corporate-Services-Officer-CHEG19-114/en-GB
Please note that only applications submitted through the FCO online platform will be considered valid.