Our client is an independent Geneva-based fund management company with an office in London, who have specialised in credit investing since they were founded in 1976. The fund managers, have a combined experience of over 40 years in credit analysis and, as a result, have cultivated a loyal client base of institutions, banks, brokers and finance companies, as well as managing assets for GAM since 1985.
They are currently looking for a Credit Analyst to strengthen their team of Credit Analysts in the investment team.
The Credit Analyst, joining three other analysts, is in charge of conducting research and credit analysis of bonds issuers. He/she will work under the responsibility of the fund managers and share his/her time between the various tasks related to research and credit analysis activities.
- Conduct research and credit analysis of corporate bonds issuers
- Participate in calls / presentations / meetings of companies, roadshows and other ad-hoc meetings
- Interact effectively with Fund Managers and the Compliance and Risk representative on key analysis and research
- Conduct credit analysis functions, continuous monitoring and advanced analysis of the quantitative and qualitative value of issuers and their respective securities
- Acquire research materials
- Participate in the completion of the E-library database by inserting the documents collected related to research to document the investments
Support For Investment
- Assist Fund Managers in the investment process for both fund portfolios and private clients
- Participate in the meetings of the investment committee as required
- Monitoring measures to ensure compliance of investments
- Assist Fund Managers during customer meetings and presentations, develop close relationships with the sales and marketing teams of our distributors
- Cooperate with the Compliance and Risk representative supporting risk control monitoring
- Monitor with the representative of the Compliance and Risk the conformity of the collective funds with the rules and restrictions of investment
- Assist the fund team in the compilation of statistics of data analysis relating to the funds and the investments
- Participate in the improvement of procedures and contribute to the development of the company's IT tools by using the system and identifying the possible needs
- Be at ease in a small family owned investment company with a flat hierarchical structure
- Team oriented with strong communication skills
- Ability to summarize research / information to support the investment process
- Proactive, rigorous and accurate with high attention to details, able to multitask, can work within a demanding and fast-moving environment.
- Apt to operate with a high degree of independence
- Computer language with solid MS Office knowledge - especially Excel – and advanced knowledge of Bloomberg tools
- Strong analytical capabilities, with excellent written and oral skills to summarize and report
- The ideal candidate has a minimum of 2/3 years of experience in credit analysis and/or capital markets, especially for the bank & insurance sector.
- Advanced knowledge in investment fund / bond management
- Bilingual ANG / FR – German an asset
- University degree related to finance