Omnisens is a leader in asset integrity monitoring for the energy industry. Using fiber optic-based sensing together with dedicated application, commissioning and customer service teams, Omnisens offers continuous, reliable monitoring of oil and gas related assets, power cables and pipelines.
Based in Switzerland, Omnisens operates throughout the world, either directly or through specialized solution providers.
For more information, see. www.omnisens.com
In line with the development of the business, we are currently looking for a talented
Working in the R&D department you will be responsible to provide technical support and improvements to existing products and manufacturing process, and to transfer new products to manufacturing.
Supporting our fiber optic monitoring product line, you will be responsible for:
New Product industrialization:
- Pilot all industrialization activities for new product development, new product introduction, new processes and production tools, and configuration changes.
- Prepare documentation compliant to company and Regulatory guidelines CE, UL, CAS,
- Participates in Project Meetings to present reports and the status of the work packages you are responsible for.
- Setup and follow project progress indicators.
- Organize milestone reviews and ensure their validation.
- Lead the Production Readiness Review.
Improvement of existing product:
- Interface with R&D and Manufacturing to create a strong link between process performance and product performance.
- Provides technical expertise to projects related to scaling-up and automating production processes in order to increase capacity or reduce production costs.
- Lead and perform product and process failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA).
- Investigate failures on existing products and processes (including QC processes). Recommend and monitor the implementation of preventive actions and process.
- Maintain product and manufacturing documentation compliant to company and Regulatory guidelines.
- Review process capability data, provide analysis for improvement, and manage the improvement action plans.
- Submit and track the requests for design change.
- Manage the creation and revisions of the manufacturing routines and bill of materials.
- Knowledge of Risk Analysis, Problem Solving, current Good Manufacturing Practices compliance, site product lines and manufacturing processes (including QC), statistical methods.
- Team player mindset.
- Understanding of complex problem, both analytic and synthetic approach
- Product industrialization
- Experience with fibre optics and sensing would be a real advantage.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Microtechnology, Electronics or equivalent
- 2 to 5 years proven track record in product launch, product industrialization and project management
- English and French mandatory (B2)
If you are looking for a challenging position with the opportunity to grow in an international environment, we look forward to receiving your application in English.