For a bank based in Geneva, we are looking for a candidate with experience in Board and Committee Support
Corporate Secretary (Secrétaire Général)
- Management of the day to day governance requirements for boards and committees within the bank
- Develop a close working relationship with chairs and members of boards and committees
- Act as first point of contact for these chairs and members in all matters relating to governance and company secretarial work
- Contribute to meeting discussions as and when required and coordinate advice for members of the legal, governance, accounting and tax implications of relevant legislative changes
- Oversee proper scheduling, coordination and operation of the board meetings and committee meetings
- Organising and preparing agendas and papers for board and committee meetings, maintaining up to date records and distributing material
- Taking minutes and following up actions from meetings, including minute review process
- Providing dedicated point of contact for all board and committee members
- Oversee the maintenance of an annual calendar of board and committee matters,
- ensuring full compliance with relevant constitutional documents, terms of reference/charters, the bank’s Legal Entity Governance Standards, as well as all other statutory, regulatory and legal requirements
- Leading board and committee effectiveness reviews
- Overseeing the maintenance of statutory books and registers
- Overseeing the preparation and submission of annual compliance statements and all required Companies House filings
- Overseeing the filing of statutory accounts
- Preparation of routine board resolutions
- Provision of company information as required by business, auditors and regulators
- Drafting, maintenance and approval of policies and procedures
- Dealing with correspondence, collating information and writing reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders
- Preparing agreed upon management information and key performance indicators.
- Relevant work experience:? Minimum 10 years of experience in Company Secretarial/Legal department of preferably Swiss Banks out of which minimum 2 years should be in the role of a Secretary/Assistant Secretary of the Board.
- The right candidate should have a wholesome and diverse work experience of company secretarial, compliance and legal functions.
- Well versed with Swiss Company Law, IPR laws and associated rules, and Swiss corporate governance best practices.
- Well versed with Swiss Regulator (FINMA) laws related to Banking, Wealth Management and Investment Management.
- Educational qualifications: University Degree preferably in Law or in Business Management, Finance, Economics.
- It is essential that the candidate has an excellent command of the written and spoken English and French languages.?
- The right candidate should have patience, dedication, high intelligence, strong values and ethics, quick understanding of agendas, resilience and negotiation skills.
- Swiss residence required