SWISSto12 is opening a Quality Engineer position with focus on Supplier Quality relationship and on supporting Operations’ Quality assurance activities.
SWISSto12 is a high growth SME active in the space and aeronautic industries. The company pioneers the commercialisation of Radio Frequency (RF) antenna, waveguide and filter products based on additive manufacturing (3D printing). The novel technologies behind its products have been developed by the company over the past years and have now reached a maturity stage that allows them to be airborne and space qualified. SWISSto12 experiences high growth and has to face the challenge of combining this growth with persistent high-quality and on-time delivery of its products to the largest aerospace customers.
SWISSto12 focuses its product portfolio towards high added value antenna components or sub-systems. Every project starts with an important multidisciplinary design phase (RF, mechanical, thermal) which is performed internally. Products are then 3D printed in high-performance polymers or metals. This novel approach to manufacturing replaces traditional machining of metallic materials. In this context, SWISSto12 products feature drastic performance improvements, weight reductions, and competitive costs. SWISSto12 products are currently commercialised for satellite telecommunication applications (antennas and payload subsystems onboard satellites) as well as on aircrafts (antennas to connect passengers via satellite links). The company is also active on Radar and Test&Measurement applications.
SWISSto12 is currently headquartered in Renens, Switzerland (in the vicinity of Lausanne)
Supplier/Production Quality Engineer
- Manage supplier Quality activities: ensure regulatory and specifications’ conformance of products and services delivered by Suppliers, perform Supplier assessments and audits, lead supplier qualification activities, interface with suppliers to address non-conformances and drive corrective actions. Work closely with the Sourcing and Procurement department.
- Collaborate with Operations Team in process validation and monitoring activities, including IQ/ OQ/ PQ, Test Method Validation, Gage R&R , calibration. Write product Quality Plans. Implement and monitor product and process quality using statistical techniques.
- Perform quality data analysis and issue quality trend reports
- Participate to and be proactive with the continuous improvement projects
- Manage the internal and external non-conformities and customer’s complaints: analyse the problems, support the problem-solving phase and perform and follow-up the action plan
- Write Quality documents: procedure, working instructions, control plan, risk analysis, FMEA, …
- Participate to internal and external audits (customers and suppliers)
- Train operators on Quality topics
- Occasionally, you will be asked to participate in overall tasks and services inherent to a small company
Required experience and competencies:
- Engineering degree in a technically pertinent domain: mechanical engineering, microtechnology, material science or equivalents
- Extra training in Quality: TQ1, TQ2 or equivalent
- At least 3+ years of experience as a Quality Engineer, preferably towards suppliers.
- Experience in mechanical manufacturing processes (machining, assembly, metrology, surface treatment) is an asset
- Thorough knowledge of the ISO 9001 norm, experience with EN 9100, ISO 13485 or ISO/TS 16949 is an asset
- Mastering preventive and curative Quality tools (8D, Ishikawa, FMEA, risk analysis,…) and statistics
- A Supplier auditor certificate is an asset
- Problem-solving mind-set
- Interested, inquiring and creative approach to cutting edge electro-mechanical products.
- Proven ability to write technical and Quality documents
- Autonomous and proactive working style with excellent working organisation
- Communicating effectively, excellent relational skills and ability to work in a team with different professional and cultural backgrounds
- Language: Fluent in English (with emphasis on excellent writing skills) and French is compulsory. Knowledge of German is an asset.
Working conditions and contact:
SWISSto12 offers a permanent contract at attractive conditions, the position is to be started as soon as possible.
An application containing a CV, a motivation letter, at least three references and possibly reference letters, a copy of your important diplomas and grades are necessary. Only apply on the dedicated recruitment websites