Group Leader Digital Nutrition & Health
Nestlé Research is based in Lausanne, Switzerland and employs approximately 800 people. It consists of three major research institutes: Health Sciences, Material Sciences and Food Safety & Analytical Sciences. Nestlé Research combines fundamental science at the highest level, high-end analytical platforms leveraged by all research teams, and strong prototyping capabilities to accelerate the translation of science into innovation. Nestlé Research published more than 1,000 scientific publications in peer review journals over the last five years, and files about 80 patents every year. Nestlé Research collaborates with approximately 100 universities or research institutes around the world. Learn more about Nestlé Research at www.nestle.com/randd Position Snapshot
Nestlé Research, Lausanne, Switzerland
Research & Development
8-10 years' (post degree) experience in commercialization of science based digital nutrition & health assets
Visionary entrepreneur with PhD in Data, Digital Science, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field Position Summary
We are looking for an insightful and experienced Group Leader Digital Nutrition & Health, who will lead a team of approx. 10 people and together with them to develop digital prototypes & assets with focus on nutrition and health. Assets will enable recommendation of healthy diet, personalized nutrition offerings and Nestlé products along with targeted digital services. You will translate population and scientific data and knowledge of the Nestlé Research and external scientific knowledge into digital service functionalities, algorithms, and APIs - application-programming interfaces - that positively influence consumer health and wellbeing and support growth for Nestlé businesses. A day in the life of a Group Leader Digital Nutrition & Health
What will make you successful
- Develop digital science and technology strategy and the IPs in collaboration with business partners
- Manage, coach and lead the team, instill an atmosphere of trust, transparency, enthusiasm & agility.
- Effectively communicate and transfer digital assets & knowledge from R&D to Market and businesses stakeholders. Able to simplify & "sell" the story of complex subject of "digital" to wide internal and external customers.
- Initiate, lead and manage projects, concepts and digital prototypes, ensure end-to-end management up to commercialization in collaboration with various technical and business stakeholders.
- Engage with top digital experts, influencers, and relevant academia externally to build science, influence digital environment, and contribute to global dialogue on hot topics.
- Lead development of nutrition, health and lifestyle algorithms', API pipeline, and digital prototypes. Apply in to impactful consumer-facing digital services.
- Scout for new & maintain strategic, effective external partnership, including consumer-facing platforms & applications.
- Apply the most novel methods in statistics, AI and machine learning, linear and logistic regression algorithms, decision tree and other models.
- Analyze and manage data according to Nestlé and HRA standards
- Provide technical assistance to various projects and business stakeholders
- Participate, present in science sharing days, project reviews and other appropriate venues
- Able to represent Nestle Research in external scientific and industry events
- Visionary entrepreneur with PhD in Data, Digital Science, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- 8-10 years' (post degree) experience in commercialization of science based digital nutrition & health assets
- Good understanding of digital trends and wearable technologies, experience in setting and reviewing roadmaps and strategies
- Experience in independently managing large and complex initiatives, projects and processes in their area of expertise, budget and resources.
- Experience & skills in managing software tools, digital platforms development, collecting, cleaning and processing data, data science applications.
- Knowledge and skills in Python, R and other programming languages. Knowledge in database architectures, data collection and cleaning backgrounds, creating features to be used in the model are plus.
- Proven experience in development of digital algorithms and API on nutrition and health.
- Experience in setting up, executing and delivering digital projects and building prototypes
- People management experience
- Fluent in English, any other language would be a plus
The Nestlé Group is the world's largest food and beverage company with 91.4 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2018. It is present in 190 countries around the world, has 413 factories and its 308,000 employees are committed to Nestlé's purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.