AIX Unix Specialist
MTF Quadra SA is a Swiss leader in providing IT infrastructure solutions and professional IT services.
For one of our client Tessin-based, we are looking for an AIX Unix Specialist :
- You will work on AIX system administration, VIO management, HMC management, IBM Tivoli Monitoring.
- Analysis and tuning over IBM Power Servers.
- Proven exposure to Installation & Upgrade of Fixes/Patches/APARs (Authorized Programming Analysis Report) /TL.
- Experience on hardware and software configuration, LPARs/DLPARs/VIOs.
- Experience on Dual VIOs along with Partitions created using VSCSI and NPIV.
- Install, configure and maintain NIM Server, create Spot, LPP source and resource on NIM Server, upgrades and installed software using NIM.
- Upgrade firmware on IBM Power Servers.
- You will work on Linux Administration LVM (Logical Volume Manager) administration, user management
- RHN Satellite, exposure to yum, rpm
- Security hardening.
- English: Fluent
- Drawing upon concepts of tools, technologies and methodologies to collaborate with other technical specialists when carrying out assigned duties.
- Effectively negotiating with technical peers and customers to implement technical solutions.
- Maintaining skills to the current industry level of certification.
- Recognizing and articulating job related problems to management.
- Proven Production support skills along with problem analysis and resolution.
- Analyzing technical problems and creating solutions involving the use of existing techniques and/or tools.
- Capability of troubleshooting performance issues. System Security, integration, analysis, architecture & support skills.
- Need to be part of team providing 24x7x365 system availability (on-call services included)
- 5 to 10 years' experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with OS storage (SAN) configuration & maintenance
- Unix shell scripting (Korn, Bash and/or Perl)
- Good Communication Skills
- Good analytical skills
If you fit this profile and looking for a motivating job, send your application in MS Word (only) with your salary expectation and availability
Only applications that meet all criteria will be considered.