Database engineer (DBA) for PaaS
MTF Quadra SA is a Swiss leader in providing IT infrastructure solutions and professional IT services.
For one of our client Tessin-based, we are looking for a Database engineer (DBA) for PaaS :
PaaS Database team is responsible for all database components which are between the IaaS and application layers, as Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, MongoDB, etc. on servers or containers, in terms of reliability, patching, refreshment and security. Additionally, the team manages as well Payara (a.k.a Glassfish), Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Grid Infrastructure, JBOSS, etc.
- Install and configure DBMS software in use in the company respecting internal standards
- Design/Develop/enhance the monitoring infrastructure
- Coordinate the upgrade/patch activities together with the project team
- Manage the patch/upgrade strategy
- Support the service/project team in case of performance issues
- Backup and Recovery
- Cluster management
- Support the services for Asset Data Source
- Oncall service
What you need
- At least 1-2 years working experience with database technologies
- knowledge on database technologies and related HA/DR solution with main focus on Oracle and MSSQL
- Knowledge on MySQL, DB2, MongoDB and PostgreSQL is considered as a plus
- Payara, Glassfish, Oracle Grid Infrastructure, Oracle Enterprise Manager are considered as well as a plus
- knowledge on Unix (AIX) and Linux and shell scripting
You will get extra points for the following
- Italian and English are mandatory; French or German are considered as a plus
- Able to work effectively under pressure
If you fit this profile and looking for a motivating job, send your application in MS Word (only) with your salary expectation and availability
Only applications that meet all criteria will be considered.