Estimator, 100% (m/f/d)
CRB Group GmbHBasel
Date de publication:20 mai 2022
Type de contrat:Durée indéterminée
Estimator, 100% (m/f/d)
CRB is a leading provider of sustainable engineering, architecture, construction and consulting solutions to the global life sciences and food and beverage industries. Our more than 1,600 employees provide best-in-class solutions that drive success and positive change for our clients, our people and our communities. CRB is a privately held company with 20 offices across the globe and a rich history of serving clients throughout the world, consistently striving for the highest standard of technical knowledge, creativity and execution. CRB is committed to provide best-in-class solutions that drive success and positive change for our clients, our people, and our communities. Our core values include: collaboration, entrepreneurial spirit, technical excellence, responsibility and fun.
Estimators play a critical role at CRB. As a Design, Construction and Consulting firm, CRB requires estimating expertise to support business goals and project management from project inception through final construction completion. Estimators are expected to adapt methods to match the intended use of the estimate and the level of project definition available: relying on conceptual methods in the early stages of design, developing detailed labor and material estimates as design approaches full-project definition, and the ability to supplement these methods with a network of subcontractors and vendors when preparing construction proposals (Lump Sum, GMP, T&M, etc.).
The Estimator will report to the Lead Estimator in the Region and the Director of Estimating. At times, the Estimator will be asked to lead estimates; however, this responsibility will typically fall to the Lead Estimator. Estimators will focus on projects destined for construction within their resident Region, but, as a Corporate Employee, estimators will support other regions as the workload dictate
The estimator will also report to the Project Delivery Services (PDS) manager(s) for the region and will work closely with the Director of Estimating. This position will support projects for both offices in the region.
- Prepare construction estimates from design documents (feasibility studies, conceptual design, preliminary design, and detailed design)
- Interview project team to understand the intended use of the estimate
- Review all project plans, specifications, and documents
- Collaborate with the design team to understand intent and obtain any additional information required to develop the estimate for its intended purpose
- Organize work to fulfill the specific Work Breakdown Structure required for the estimate
- Perform accurate quantity take-offs. Develop accurate labor and material costs.
- Assess and account for project risks
- Offer cost effective alternates during the estimating process
- Review the completed draft estimate to remove any errors, duplications, or inconsistencies
- Compose Basis of Estimate Documents
- Collaborate effectively with the Estimating Team
- Foster working relationships with design counterparts, subcontractors, and suppliers
- Present your work to your supervisors, construction project teams, A/E teams, clients, and other personnel within and outside of the company
- University degree in Engineering, Architecture or equivalent experience
- Able to work effectively and make decisions under tight deadlines.
- Understand project logistics and project schedules
- Able to organize, plan and manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results
- Experience with the following types of projects:
- Life Science Projects
- Industrial Projects
- Commercial Projects
- Ability to work independently without supervision as well as part of a team.
- Understanding standard construction details and drawings.
- Individual must be self-motivated and possess strong communication/interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of estimating practices and procedures including software input and data manipulation utilizing estimating software such as Timberline (Sage Estimating) and OnScreen Takeoff.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook)
- Languages: Fluent in German (C1+), ability to communicate in English (B2+), French (B2+) is a plus
- Valid work permit for Switzerland/Germany or able to obtain a permit
CRB does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of CRB without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of CRB. Please, no phone calls or emails.
If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.