In this challenging role you will be the main point of contact for Europe when it comes to tender and bid management activities. You will be actively supporting the different affiliates on T&C statuses, design and deliver relevant trainings in relation to tender documents, create business cases and collaborate with the legal team to identify and tackle local challenges or possible litigation risks among other tasks.
ASAP: Bid & Tender Management Specialist EU - Biotech (m/w)
Our client is a globally active Biotech company with innovative products and a longstanding history. We are looking for a motivated and hands-on individual to help drive the clients tender and bid management activities across Europe for a minimum of 6 months, starting ASAP. Please note that you need to be in posession of a valid work permit already due to the Covid19 situation - the process will be managed remotely, a virtual on boarding program is in place.
- Assist the teams in the development and implementation of an effective tender response process
- Engage with local country teams to help shape tenders/bids with the local procurement agencies
- Main point of contact for tender/bid management activities within the European region, assist and follow the affiliates on T&C status, ongoing challenges and customer's feedback to improve T&C answers
- Responsible for designing and delivering training to local teams on how to approach tender documents and when to take action.
- Especially assist local teams in markets with high complexity of T&C procedures. Ensure sustainability is reflected in tender documents also as remedial measure against price erosion
- Working closely with the Legal team on tender/market access issues with litigation risk
- Help the legal team identify issues/challenges or other legal action relating to tenders/contracts
- Engage and assist the Contract&Legal team to explore the legal framework related to T&C in new markets
- Ensure competitiveness and compliance with EU procurement and competition laws by engaging local Corporate Counsel and involve Outside Counsels to eliminate obstacles to competition, collaborate with Legal to identify and challenge possible biases in local regulations and challenge T&C at different stages as necessary
- Drive the pre-litigation phase, assess and facilitate the effective legal phase as necessary
- Supporting the Business and legal team on the coordination of tender litigation
- Coordination of external stakeholder's pre-launch interaction needs and work with Legal team to ensure pathway for the local teams to prepare optimally for launching new assets
- Drive the development of a common and structured, competitive global tender dossier.
- Assist the Business in the assessment and creation of business cases with the other functions to react to local issues and improve the tender design in favor of a more competitive environment going forward
- Ensure Market Access teams develop competitive Tenders & Contracts capabilities across Europe and export model to the new markets/products
- Tenders mapping to maintain up-to-date tender map and identify opportunities to challenge/extend tenders
- Create with Market Access Hub a T&C excellence department and educate and train the broader Organization in effective handling of contracts and interaction with tender Authorities.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Business Administration, Law or similar
- At least 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Experience with tender/bid management, ideally in the pharma/Lifesciences industry
- Previous experience in a regional/European role a big plus
- Fluency in English needed, any other languages are a plus
- immediate availability, valid Swiss Working Permit
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and structure approach
- Global player in the biotech industry
- Quick starting date - virtual onboarding in place