In this challenging role you will be supporting the Head Counsel BD & Transactions to help the global and regional BD Teams on the full cycle of commercial M&A. You will also deal with corporate and licensing matters, lead some projects independently, draft transaction documents and collaborate with external counsels where neeeded.
ASAP: Legal Counsel BD & Transactions - Pharma (m/w)
Our client is a global player in the pharmaceutical industry with offices in the Zürich area. We are looking for an experienced legal counsel (min 5 years post qualification experience) to support the team for a minimum of 6 months.
- Support the Head Counsel, BD & Transactions in a wide range of Business Development and corporate transactions.
- Ensure a close coordination between the Legal Area (in-house and external counsel) and the several stakeholders involved in Business Development deals.
- Autonomously lead certain Business Development Deals and may manage independently certain phases of the cross regional transactions.
- Under the coordination of the Head Counsel BD & Transactions provides support to Global Business Development and Regional/Local BD Teams on the full cycle of commercial M&A, corporate and licensing matters accross different regions.
- Lead specific projects or certain phases of it.
- Assist with internal coordination on DD activities and support from early stage matters (CDAs, NBOs), to drafting of transaction documents (APA, SAPA, SPA, MSA, TSA) to assisting BD Teams on Signing, Closing and Post- Closing management.
- Advise on commercial Licensing activity in support of business development teams through partnering and in-licensing of new products.
- Deal with and monitor external counsels.
- Ensure legal risks and commercial legal opportunities are properly balanced - sound risk management and articulate legal recommendations with business stakeholders
- Qualified lawyer in at least one European jurisdiction - minimum 5 years of post-qualification experience
- Solid understanding of European civil and common law systems
- Experience in recognized law firms specializing in M&A - contractual, corporate and antitrust experience is an asset
- Experience as in-house counsel dealing with complex business development transactions, corporate finance, contractual matters.
- Solid experience in project management
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry preferred, along with robust understanding of industry regulatory environment.
- Solution-driven, pragmatic, dynamic, self-starter
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic, international environment.
- Team player and able to smoothly build strong working relationships
- Fluent (spoken and written) in English, any further European language is an asset
- Challenging role at a global pharmaceutical company
- Fast paced and dynamic environment in Zürich