10 Advertising designer jobs in Geneva
Java Backend Developer
Ref jobup.ch: 1937121 | Date: 13 October 2021
Java Backend Developer
SonarSource provides a series of products to help engineers eliminate bugs and vulnerabilities and champion quality code in the software development process. Our products are already the standard products that extend GitHub, Bitbucket, Azure DevOps and Gitlab. Our goal is to make these products the ultimate automatic code analysis solution and get it adopted by millions of users for millions of projects and billions of lines of code.
The impact you can have
As a member of one of our engineering teams, you'll be a key player in making SonarQube/SonarCloud the best tools for Code Quality and Security, providing new features that help our users write better software and delivering a high quality, amazingly powerful and popular open-source product.
You will have the opportunity to see your features come to life in Production, with short iteration loops. Having the roadmap and business priorities in mind, you will be able to choose what you focus on.
By joining us, you will bring your experience and expertise to bring our product to its next stage of evolution to delight our users and customers.
On a daily basis, you will
- Work with Product Managers and UX designers to specify new features and improve the product
- Develop those new features with the end user in mind, and write unit tests and integration tests for them
- Push and monitor your new features into production
- Help to solve production problems related to features you worked on
- Interact with our community on our product forum to support them and integrate their feedback
- Work with agile methodologies
- Contribute to the definition of the team’s short and long term goals
- Do sprints with an integrated (Dev and Ops) team
The skills you will demonstrate
Required Technical Skills:
- +2 years of experience as a Backend Developer with Java (8+)
- Developing in Java with clean and maintainable code, having design patterns and architecture in mind
- Good Computer Science fundamentals
- Experience with relational RDBMS (such as MySQL, SQL Server, Postgres)
- Code Quality practices (experience in using testing frameworks), constructive code reviews
- Tooling: Knowledge of build tools (Maven or Gradle); Experience with any version control system (we use git, and you can learn it when you join !)
- A first experience on AWS, ideally developing a cloud-native application (nice to have)
- Knowledge of Python and Bash scripting (nice to have)
- Knowledge of a mainstream RDBMS Oracle, SQL Server, and/or Postgres (nice to have)
- Experience with API design and third-party integrations (nice to have)
Required Soft Skills:
- Taking initiative and having the ability to lead a subject from beginning to end
- Open-minded and very positive can-do attitude
- Comfortable in dealing with change and complexity
- Self-confident enough to challenge the status quo as well as to give & receive feedback, following radical candor guidelines
Words from the team
We come from different backgrounds and countries. We have diverse skills and personalities. By joining us, you will be part of an autonomous team that has a direct impact on the product, that owns and defines its best way of building cool things and having fun together, and that is always evolving.
Come meet us!