Why you'll love Cisco
We change the World and build the new Internet, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making the digitized future even more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything imaginable. Here, that means we will take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. Cisco is evolving a rich solution portfolio of next generation software, hardware, and services to meet customers' changing business requirements in the digital economy.
What You'll Do
Opportunity comes from the combination of technology and people. Our workspace environment gives people the flexibility to be where they need to be to do the best work they can. At Cisco we use an solution approach, integrating mobility, video, and cloud to bring people together anytime, anywhere, on any device. We connect employees, customers, and suppliers to make decisions, resolve customer issues, or address supply-chain challenges. The technology architectures cost-effectively support scalability, security, and accessibility. The Cisco solution strategy and technology architectures account for not only the technology, but business outcome in what it means to your business processes and company’s culture.
As Technical Solutions Lead Architect
- You will provide high-level and detailed consultative solutions, technical and sales support for selected account opportunities. Understand business requirements for customer base and be able to translate them into use cases and technical requirements. Understand and articulate Cisco's Data Center, Multicloud Architectures and Services. You will drive the requirement management in building a solution approach leveraging and orchestrating the different technology architectures, solutions and products. As such, you will be the bridge of customer requirements between customers, corporate and the field. You will create, present and document technical solutions.
- You will perform high-level and technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects. Drive identified account opportunities (i.e. technical consulting, upper level management presentations, Cisco technology solutions, product requirements, and design validation) while allowing local account team to maintain long-term ownership.
- You will be responsible for the technical leadership in instrumenting cross domain solutions to meet the business outcome of customers and prospects. You will be driving and orchestrating the technical teams by working on opportunities.
- You will publish white papers and blogs on given topics for internal or external use. Bring together product requirements from field and customer and submit findings to relevant BUs and Boards and Councils to drive business requirements.
- You will actively participate as a specialist on assigned teams and/or Solutions Team(s). Thorough visionary knowledge (in their area of specialization) including solution, technology and product offerings.
Building Winning Capability within Cisco - Focusing on contributing to the long-term success of Cisco and the Swiss Datacenter Market through the sharing of standard methodologies and becoming engaged in mentorship activities. Consistently striving to improve and reinvent yourself.
Who You'll Work With
One Winning Team Engagement - Effectively facilitating joint initiatives with multi-functional teams (Services, Customer Value Acceleration Team, Capital, Partners, etc.) and strategically engaging cross functional resources to achieve their goals and hit their numbers in the Swiss market. Build customer relationships inside and outside of IT that challenge them to see their business differently.
Who You Are
- You have shown knowledge and experience with Data Center and Virtualization Technologies, Solutions and Architectures along with extensive experience selling at the engineering level through the CxO level.
- You have experience in Networking Protocols, design and products: Ethernet, IP, switching, routing, spanning tree, etc. SAN Technologies including Storage networking protocols: Fibre Channel, iSCSI, NFS/CiFS, storage multi-pathing.
- You have the ability to understand complex technical and selling situations and know how to handle the problem or solicit the required resources.
- You have knowledge of VXLAN and SDN solutions such as Cisco ACI and VMware NSX
- You have an understanding of APIs and programmatic methods for automation & orchestration in both, on-prem and hybrid-cloud environments
- You have a broad understanding in virtualization technologies: Hypervisors, server and desktop virtualization
- You have a broad knowledge of X86 hardware solutions. Rack and blade server solutions from HP, IBM, Dell and Hyperconvergenced solutions
- You have schown experience in the lifecycle of solutions including operational knowledge in different areas (ITSM, waterfall, agile)
- You have proven project management skills and track record in the technical leadership and orchestration of team members, engaging the team and working on opportunities
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills. Confirmed technical knowledge and consultative skills and able to train and disseminate information.
- 10+ years related experience in Data Center, Virtualization and Cloud Technologies with a broad level of technology knowledge in compute, storage and networking
- Fluent in German and English
- Proven track record in technical leadership and in successfully managing customer opportunities
- Project Management Skills (waterfall, agile)
- Good ITSM knowledge
- Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.