To extend the IT team, you will be responsible for evaluating the existing IT technologies and processes, then advising the executive team on the best ways to move forward with cost-effectiveness and competitive advantages in mind.The company is competing in a cost efficient - high availability (flawless) service environment, and they believe that their innovative use of IT plays a major role for the service production. Being one of the world's leaders in their industry, the quality and availability of the provided services is a key success factor.
Corporate IT Manager - Bern
- Set objectives and strategies for the IT department
- Secure a unified corporate approach in the strategic, tactic and operational IT activities
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain competitive advantage Select and implement suitable technology to streamline all internal operations and help optimize their strategic benefits - plan the implementation of new systems and provide guidance to IT professionals and other employees within the organization
- Design, analyze and customize corporate technological systems and platforms, including ERP, to improve employee experience in compliance with the Group IT governance and policies
- Responsible of the IT infrastructure and data protection compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Supervise the development and advancement of the IT infrastructure, IT security and access management
- Negotiate contracts with vendors and service providers for installing new technology and training employees on its use
- Prepare cost-benefit analyses for every change in our IT workflow
- Recommend hardware and software upgrades as appropriate to improve operations
- Manage the IT department team and control the assigned IT budgets and expenses
The production services is a pretty unique IT situation requiring high-availability systems running in temporary locations and benefiting of suitable IT Security protections. IT infrastructure services are expected to be provided as transparently as possible to the local production team. The main responsibilities related to the service production are:
- Design, analyze, test and improve the specific IT infrastructure supporting service production (International major events)
- Secure decent IT Security standard by design, monitoring and other proactive measures
- Secure the continuity of services meeting required high-availability conditions
- Provide efficient and effective central infrastructure and services (cloud, elastic hosting, etc.)
- Support the operations by providing appropriate preparation and production support
- Provide services to store and extract competition collected data for backup and reuse purposes
- Monitor service production IT infrastructure performance to provide metrics
- Unify the IT service production landscape to manage the complexity and provide an IT infrastructure manageable by the production teams.
- Design, analyze, test and improve the specific software deployment model and IT services to ensure preparation activities and service production have the right deployment.
- Develop, improve and provide necessary training and awareness activities to the different audiences.
- Maintain the required IT infrastructure (availability of the services, monitoring, thread detection, right management, etc.) of the central services.
- Degree in computer science, information technology (network infrastructure / IT-security / business continuity) or relevant field.
- Proven experience (10+ years) in systems and IT infrastructure (design & operation)
- Specific proven experience in IT security and IT critical service delivery
- Sound background in designing/developing Enterprise IT systems and planning IT implementation
- Solid understanding of business operations and budgeting
- Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities driven by a strategic and business mindset
- Experience in team management and project management
- Experience in software and configuration deployment
- Experience in datacenter and cloud services design and operations
- Deep understanding of the Microsoft environment
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Strong communication skills, capable to communicate clearly on management level
- Structured and organized personality
- Being a team player
- English fluency non negociable
- French is a strong advantage
- German is an advantage