15 Legal jobs in Bern
Accounting and Controlling Manager 100%
Accounting and Controlling Manager 100%
Founded in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, in 1892, Hamilton creates watches with a unique balance of authenticity and innovation. Its timepieces synchronized the first railroads and kept time for aviation pioneers and U.S. soldiers. A favorite of filmmakers for decades, Hamilton watches have appeared in more than 500 movies, with custom pieces playing a pivotal role in several Hollywood blockbusters. With a continued commitment to craftsmanship and accuracy, Hamilton launched the world's first electric watch in 1957 and the first LED digital watch in 1970. A member of the Swatch Group, the global leader in watch manufacturing and distribution, Hamilton's current collections combine its American spirit with true Swiss precision.
- At Hamilton, we value authenticity and innovation not only in our watches but also in our people. We bring our dedication to excellence and our spirit for adventure to every project.
- Made up of individuals from around the world, our team values people who bring up bold ideas and make them happen. We believe the sky isn't the limit, but merely the beginning.
- Designed for adventurers, pioneers, creators and everyday heroes, our watches do much more than tell time, they tell a story. Join our team and start your Hamilton story!
We are looking for an Accounting and Controlling Manager to join our finance department. Reporting to the Head of Finance and Operations, you will be responsible for the internal and statutory closing of the company with the support of one Accountant and one Accounting & Controlling Specialist.
Monthly financial closing
- Reporting of turnover (Flash)
- Calculation and bookings of monthly accruals in SAP
- Detailed gross margin analysis and indirect costs
- Reporting in BOFC (Swatch Group financial reporting tool)
- Consolidation of the profit center and reporting to Swatch Group HQ
- Contact with countries for deviation analysis of monthly financial figures
- Monthly report to Swatch Group HQ
Year-end financial closing
- Statutory closing of the legal entity
- Internal and statutory forms requested by Swatch Group HQ related to year-end closing
- Main contact person of the audit company - preparation of all documents for the audit
Management of the Accounting and Controlling team
- Management of two employees
- Ensure backups during absences of team members
- Management of account plan in SAP and interface with BOFC reporting system
- Management of fixed assets module in SAP
- Management of e-invoices system in SAP for supplier invoices
- Key user for SAP HANA project implementation
- Establishment and follow-up of marketing budget and forecast
- Follow-up of expenses and calculation of monthly accruals for HQ
- Follow up of monthly financial reporting of country affiliates
- Review and challenge of country projects with the establishment of benchmarks, rules and best practices
- Inventory reporting
- Calculation of regular abatement provisions
- Annual planning of stock taking and coordination with logistics people
- Follow-up of standard costs, analyze deviations
- Margin analysis
Additional Controlling tasks
- Follow up of internal control tasks
- Others ad-hoc projects, tasks related to controlling activities
At Hamilton, we look for individuals who have set themselves apart with a commitment to excellence and a curious spirit. Successful members of our company have a hands-on personality, as well as excellent communication and organization skills. They develop and implement bold initiatives that strategically balance risk and outcome expectations. We bring passion and enthusiasm to every project and value people who work hard to meet their goals.
- University degree or higher education in Finance and Controlling
- Previous experience in a similar position and in an international environment
- Business and controlling flair
- Management skills
- Team player who takes initiatives
- Exact working method and analytical
- Organizational talent who is able to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to stay calm even in hectic situations
- Excellent Microsoft Office and XLS skills
- SAP advanced skills
- French or German mother tongue, proficiency in English
Hamilton International Ltd.
+41 32 321 49 79