IoT Data Scientist
BSA - Bobst Mex SA
Publication date:16 May 2023
Place of work:Mex VD
IoT Data Scientist
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Data Scientist to join our innovative IoT Lab team, which is responsible for developing BOBST Connect, our all-in-one digital platform that enhances and improves packaging productivity. BOBST Connect brings data and digital services together in one fully connected platform, with BOBST machine insights and expertise built-in, enabling overview and orchestration of the production process. As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be an integral part of the Agile team responsible for developing this cutting-edge product, constantly evolving to serve our customers both now and into the future.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with our business stakeholders, IoT product management team, and other Data Scientists to define new products, services, and tools using data and machine learning. As a senior member of the team, you will lead the development of data models, algorithms, and statistical analyses to extract meaningful insights from complex data sets. You will also be responsible for designing and implementing data pipelines and data warehouses to support data analysis and reporting needs.
Based in Mex, Switzerland, you will report to the IoT Product Development Director in BOBST Group Technology unit. This is an exciting opportunity to work on cutting-edge connected products and services, including BOBST Connect, and to be part of a dynamic team that is at the forefront of innovation. Occasional travel to Switzerland, Italy, Germany, and the UK may be required.
- Collaborate with software engineers to design, develop, and deploy data-driven solutions for various business problems (predictive maintenance, equipment lifecycle analysis, etc.)
- Work closely with product owners to understand their requirements and provide insights and recommendations based on data analysis.
- Lead the development of data models, algorithms, and statistical analyses to extract meaningful insights from complex data sets.
- Design and implement data pipelines and data warehouses to support data analysis and reporting needs.
- Develop and maintain dashboards and visualizations to communicate insights and findings to stakeholders.
- Mentor and coach developers on best practices in data analysis, modeling, and visualization.
- Keep up to date with the latest advancements in data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies, and apply them to solve business problems.
- Ensure data security, privacy, and compliance with regulations such as GDPR and CCPA.
Your professional experience
- At least 5 years of experience in data science, with a focus on building and deploying data-driven solutions in a production environment.
- Experience working in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment, preferably with software engineers, Scrum masters and product owners.
- Strong proficiency in programming languages (ideally Python), and experience with data manipulation and analysis libraries such as Pandas and NumPy.
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, or Hive (experience with Databricks is a big plus).
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms and techniques such as regression, classification, and deep learning.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau/Power BI, or standard libraries (D3/Plotly/...).
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate complex findings to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work with large, complex data sets to extract meaningful insights.
- Experience with cloud technologies (ideally Microsoft Azure) is an asset.
Your personal attributes
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to identify patterns and insights in large data sets.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to ensure data accuracy and completeness, while keeping solutions as simple and robust as possible.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work in an agile environment, including the ability to manage priorities and give regular reporting on ongoing tasks.
- Continuous learning mindset, keeping up to date with the latest advancements in data science and machine learning.
- Ability to think creatively to develop innovative solutions to complex business problems.
- Ability to work autonomously and take ownership of features, being proactive in identifying and solving problems before they arise.
- Bachelor in the fields of Computer Science, Data Science (Master or PHD a plus)
- Full professional proficiency in English, French an asset.
BOBST is one of the world's leading suppliers of equipment and services to packaging and label manufacturers in the folding carton, corrugated board and flexible materials industries. Join our highly qualified staff and together, let's shape the future of the packaging world.
The production site of Mex, near Lausanne in Switzerland, is also the headquarters of the Bobst Group. It is the most important site, employing approx. 1500 passionate people.
It also trains each year roughly 200 apprentices. The site offers an idyllic work environment. In the countryside and close to major highways, it is also well served by public transport. It offers many amenities, such as a corporate restaurant, sports fields, a fitness and a nursery. The facilities have been recently renovated and represent a model for sustainable development.
BSA - Bobst Mex SA