Aerospace Systems Engineer
Publication date:07 August 2022
Place of work:1701 Fribourg
Meggitt PLC is a global engineering group specialised in extreme environment components and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defence and energy markets. Some 9’000 people are employed across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe and North America and regional bases in Brazil and in India.
Meggitt Fribourg’s site provides its expertise to the four strategic business units of Meggitt PLC. Meggitt Fribourg is employing 450 employees. We develops, manufactures and sells world-wide a complete range of transducers and electronic systems for the monitoring of engines, turbines and other rotating machinery in both the aerospace and energy industries.
To further strengthen our Systems Engineering department, we are currently looking for an
Aerospace Systems Engineer
As “Aerospace Systems Engineer”, you are accountable to provide system leadership by applying the system engineering development process and performing all related tasks for Aerospace systems. You also provide technical expertise to support other engineering disciplines and departments, including the management of technical proposals for new products in collaboration with the Sales & Marketing team.
The main responsibilities for this role are:
Responsibility for the technical coordination of technology and product developments:
- Ensure the proper follow-up of technical activities
- Ensure that all system-level deliverables are delivered in accordance with the quality, cost and planning expected by the project lead, customer and certification authorities
- Ensure the coordination between the HW, SW, safety & reliability, mechanic and test activities
- Support the development and qualification tests
Responsibility for system design activities for our aerospace products:
- Identify product/customer needs, capture all requirements and perform their analysis
- Produce and maintain the system specification
- Develop functional architecture and system functions
- Perform functional allocation of all functions to various subsystems and identify the interfaces
Responsibility for the system Validation & Verification activities:
- Lead the integration activities
- Define the verification strategy applicable to the system, including the production and maintenance of system-level verification test procedures and the definition of test cases in agreement with the applicable standards.
- Bachelor or Master from any Swiss engineering school (or equivalent level from foreign countries) in either of the following engineering disciplines: Electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, microengineering, mechanical engineering, or physics
- At least 8 year experience as Systems Engineer or Design Engineer in either of the following engineering disciplines: automotive, energy, railway or military industry, or minimum 5 year experience in the aerospace or space industry
- Experience in system architecture development and trade-offs as well as in allocation of Functional Development Assurance Level (FDAL) and Item DAL (IDAL) is a must
- Very good general understanding of electromechanical systems with embedded HW and SW
- Fluent in English (business)
- Proficiency in French is an asset.
- Autonomous while enjoying working as part of a team
- Curious, out-of-the-box thinking and very good communication skills
If you are looking for a challenging position with opportunity to grow in a truly international company, please apply with your resume, letter of motivation, reference letters and diploma, in English through the career page of our website: www.meggitt.com . Please note that only complete applications will be taken into consideration.
No recruitment agencies please