Boudry, Neuchatel, Switzerland Job Category:
Quality Work Location:
Route de Perreux 1 2017 Organization:
Quality Control Employee Status:
Full-time Job Type:
What unique gene will you bring to Celgene?
On the Quality Control team, we deliver our mission by testing raw materials, drug substance (API), drug product (Bulk) and stability samples for oral solid dosage forms manufactured at the site. The Scientist will provide technical and scientific expertise to support acquisition and qualification of new equipment, investigation and troubleshooting of analytical and equipment issues as well as introduction of new products to the QC laboratories. Additional duties will include performing superuser activities for the laboratory computerized systems, representing QC in cross-functional projects (e.g. for new product implementation) and participating in internal and external audits as Subject Matter Expert (SME). This position is primarily located at the Celgene site in Boudry. The Scientist may also be assigned responsibilities for activities or systems located at the Celgene site in Couvet.
As the Quality Control Scientist, Technical Support , you will be :
- Responsible for acquisition and qualification of new analytical equipment:
Works cross-functionally with the Analytical Development, QC, IT and Validation departments to select, purchase and qualify new analytical equipment for the QC laboratories.
Owns the change control, leads or supports risk assessments,
Performs feasibility experimental work as needed
Configures user-profiles and methods on the instrument.
Collaborates with Validation and Sourcing to define requirements and contracts for the periodic maintenance and requalification of the equipment.
- Using scientific and technical expertise to investigate and resolve technical issues in the laboratory.
Owns deviations. Leads or supports laboratory investigations in case of out of specification or out of trend result.
Writes investigational testing plans to identify laboratory root cause.
Defines corrective and preventive actions (CAPA).
- Representing QC in project teams (e.g. for new product introductions to the site)
Represents QC in cross-functional project teams, interacting with Project Management Office, Manufacturing, Analytical Development, Analytical Science and Technology.
Supports QC management in identifying needs for new equipment and assessing impact on laboratory systems and processes as well as on resource planning.
Leads or supports risk assessments, owns change controls.
Reviews method transfer plans. Performs or supports feasibility experimental work as needed. Supports method transfer, method verification and method validation activities.
- Maintaining the GMP status of the laboratory and analytical methods.
Performs all activities in compliance to cGMP requirements as well as to EHS rules and safe work practices per applicable procedures.
Evaluates the impact of compendial changes on applicable QC procedures and opens change controls as required.
Actively participates in inspections by health authorities and in corresponding preparation.
- Superuser of laboratory computerized systems:
Administers user-profiles and access to the systems,
Defines requirements and performs audit trail reviews, assures adherence to data integrity principles,
Authors instrument/system operating procedures and trains QC analysts on use of the system.
Performs master data management activities in computerized systems (LIMS, Oracle, Empower). Knowledge and skills required
About Us COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE LIVES OF PATIENTS WORLDWIDE
- BS degree in Life Sciences, Chemistry, or equivalent;
- 5 years of work experience in a GMP environment (pharmaceutical industry)
- Advanced knowledge and interpretation of cGMP and Pharmacopeia requirements
- Excellent scientific knowledge and hands-on experience of chromatography techniques (HPLC, UPLC, GC), dissolution, UV/VIS and IR techniques.
- Experience of analytical testing according to Ph. Eur. and USP requirements.
- Experience in analytical method transfers and analytical method validation/verification.
- Experience in laboratory equipment qualification.
- General computer literacy including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio)
- Good knowledge and/or ability to familiarize themselves quickly with new software and computerized systems (specific instrument software, Empower, LIMS).
- Good knowledge of Data Integrity principles, familiar with audit trail review requirements.
- Effective verbal communication skills, ability to interact with different levels of the organization: supervisor, peers, lab analysts, and other departments
- Effective technical writing skills, experience writing GMP documents (procedures, protocols, plans and reports) as well as deviations and investigations.
- Takes a structured and analytical approach to problem-solving. Is familiar with problem-solving and investigation tools and methodologies.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally in project teams.
- Fluent in English or French and professional command of the second language (written and verbal)
At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical corporation while focusing on the discovery, the development, and the commercialization of products for the treatment of cancer and other severe, immune, inflammatory conditions. "At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients."
There are more than 300 clinical trials at major medical centers using compounds from Celgene. Investigational compounds are being studied for patients with incurable hematological and solid tumor cancers, including multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL), triple-negative breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. As committed as we are to clinical accomplishment, we are equally committed to patient support, which is a guiding principle at Celgene. We believe all who can benefit from our discoveries should have the opportunity to do so. Celgene puts patients first with industry-leading programs that provide information, support and access to our innovative therapies.