BSA - Bobst Mex SAMex VD
Publication date:03 juin 2022
Automation engineer at 100% (f/m)
Based in Mex/ VD
In this role you will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining PLC applications for our Digital Printing Machines. You will participate to the adaptation of existing components or the development of new modules for existing machines as well as on the design of next generation products for the Label and packaging industry. You will be part of a small team using modern tools and methodology to deliver innovative products in a fast-paced environment.
- Design, develop and maintain the automated software for the different modules of our Digital Printing Machines,
- Enforce the use of shared components across machines and product lines,
- Participate to the extension of the automated test framework,
- Collaborate with mechanical, electrical and software development teams to propose and implement optimal solutions,
- Work closely with service and commissioning teams to improve the process of testing, installing, and configuring machines,
- Optimize printing processes to continuously improve its quality and stability,
- Error analysis and troubleshooting of machines on site or at our customers.
- BSc or MSc in electrical engineering, automation, or computer science,
- Passionate about giving life to industrial machines and processes,
- 3-5 years of experience developing PLC applications using 61131 languages,
- 2 years of experience working with Siemens products
- Bosch Rexroth and Beckhoff experience is an asset
- Excellent knowledge of safety standards and motion control,
- Good experience with field buses such as Sercos, Profibus, Profinet,...
- Ready to travel periodically (10-20%)
- Ability to be attentive to details while keeping in mind high-level and long-term goals,
- Good communication and interpersonal skills,
- Positive team player who enjoys working collaboratively,
- Knowledge of digital printing technologies is an asset,
- Fluent in English and in French. All technical reports will be written in English.
We offer you an interesting and challenging position in a young, dynamic and fast growing international environment. You will have the rare possibility to be in the company from the beginning and be able to actively design and implement processes across the company.
If you wish to apply directly, feel free to contact me at Write an email
For more than 130 years, and over 50 countries, BOBST has always been at the forefront of innovation and we want to accelerate connectivity, digitalization, automation and sustainability to make packaging better than ever.
BOBST is one of the world's leading suppliers of equipment and services to packaging and label manufacturers in the folding carton, corrugated board and flexible materials industries. Join our highly qualified staff and together, let's shape the future of the packaging world.
The production site of Mex, near Lausanne in Switzerland, is also the headquarters of the Bobst Group. It is the most important site, employing approx. 1500 passionate people.
It also trains each year roughly 200 apprentices. The site offers an idyllic work environment. In the countryside and close to major highways, it is also well served by public transport. It offers many amenities, such as a corporate restaurant, sports fields, a fitness and a nursery. The facilities have been recently renovated and represent a model for sustainable development.
BSA - Bobst Mex SA