The Communication and event manager is in charge of communication and event organization for the Foundation of EPFL Innovation Park (FEIP). Reporting to the Deputy Managing Director, she /he is expected to play an active role to raise awareness of Innosuisse offers for next generation innovator and entrepreneurs in Western Switzerland, and to promote the service offers of FEIP towards the community of start-up founders and corporate innovation managers, such as experience sharing workshops, start-up acceleration programs, etc.
Communication and event Manager 100%
Detailed tasks include
1) Communication and event organization for Innosuisse start-up training
- Responsible for the communication of Innosuisse Business Idea and Business Concept training in Western Switzerland:
- Liaise with local universities to jointly organize entrepreneurship promotion events and recruit training participants.
- Content management of training website and social media
- Update and maintain of participant database (CRM)
2) Communication and event organization for workshops and acceleration programs at FEIP
- Help organize experience sharing workshop series between corporate executives and start-up founders: elaborate promotion campaign, coordinate the agenda of trainers, recruitment of participants, ensure logistics, establish accounting and reporting
- Write and publish articles about start-up acceleration programs in social media and local press
- Help animate the communities of workshops and acceleration programs
3) Communication for FEIP
- Communication of activities of FEIP in the ecosystems and in relevant media, in close coordination with responsible of communication at EPFL Vice Presidency of Innovation
- Develop and maintain excellent media relation with local and national press
- University degrees in communication and public relation, or equivalent education
- Highly reliable and organized young professional, with at least 5 years of proven work experience in PR & communication, as well as in large-scale event management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both in French and in English
- Very good interpersonal and organizational skills, capable of dealing with people of various professional and cultural backgrounds, working under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Proactive, creative, having high quality standard; results driven but with attention to details
- Proficiency in social media, graphic design and web development tools
- Valid working permit
- Be part of a dynamic and creative team
- Work with like-minded, dynamic and ambitious individuals (start-up founders, R&D experts, business coaches, investors as well as service providers)
- Access to the newest technologies in western Switzerland and to the strong business network of EPFL Innovation Park: high-tech start-ups and R&D units of large corporations
- Flexible working hours
- Continuous learning opportunities
Place of work: EPFL Innovation Park, Lausanne, with frequent trips to French-speaking Switzerland.
Activity rate: 100%
Start date: as soon as possible
Application deadline: March 7, 2020
For further information, please consult the website https://www.epfl-innovationpark.ch, https://www.science2market.ch
Procedure for submitting your application:
If your profile meets the requirements of this position, we invite you to submit your application, along with your CV, a cover letter and copies of diplomas and work certificates, on the Jobup website.