WHO WE ARE
EMS is the leading manufacturer of precision medical devices for dental prophylaxis, orthopaedics and urology. With over 900 qualified and specialised employees, we work on further improving our products and services every day - at our corporate headquarters in Nyon and around the world.
With this philosophy, we are continuing a more than 200-year-old tradition of the Swiss Vallée de Joux. This is where EMS was founded - as well as numerous other brands, which are known around the world for their precision down to the smallest detail.
To strengthen our R&D team in Nyon, we are looking for a Systems Engineer Laser with broad knowledge in the relevant technical fields, such as photonics, optics, electronics.
As member of the R&D in the Electronics Group, the Systems Engineer Laser will be a key contributor in design, development, and industrialization of high value medical devices in the fields of Urology, Pain Therapy and Dental prevention. He will act as the main interface between the project management and the development team. Responsibilities include analysis and implementation of user requirements in functional and non-functional system requirements, with a focus on functional safety, adequate risk management and risk minimization. The focus is on the development of medical laser systems as well as verification and documentation.
TASKS & RESPONSABILITIES
- Lead in the design and development of medical laser systems
- Coordination with external partners in defining the system architecture including the interfaces and supporting documentation
- Coordination with supplier for custom sub-assemblies in defining specifications and test methods
- Provide guidance to other engineers, technicians, and operators as necessary about the general system integration
- Assess design feasibility and test product functionality and/or confirm product capabilities
- Creation of system performance specification, FMEA, risk management plan
- Assemble optical/laser hardware and verify the performance of optical components, equipment, systems, and setups
- Apply technical expertise to contribute to test method development, implementation, validation and manufacturability
- Work in a multidisciplinary R&D team, in close interaction with production, supply chain and quality departments.
- Location: Nyon, VD
- Contract: Permanent
- Need to travel: No
- Occupation: 100%
- An exciting opportunity in a pleasant and international work environment
- A future-proof and permanent job in a global and successful company
- Self-responsible and flexible working environment
- An "I Feel Good" - corporate culture