33 jobs in Company Management / Head of Department in the Canton of Zug
Business Leader - Cranial Spine Technologies Alpine
Business Leader - Cranial Spine Technologies Alpine
Careers that Change Lives
As a Business Leader Cranial Spine Technologies Alpine you will provide vision, strategic direction and overall organizational leadership for Austria and Switzerland, with the responsibility to drive profitable growth.
Reporting to the regional Business Director GIGA, the primary purpose of the role is to achieve long term and short term financial and operation goals of the Alpine region withing the roader GIGA strategy as well as the Company`s overall strategic plan.
In this role you will determine the strategic direction for Austria and Switzerland and provide overall leadership and direction to ensure that the goals are met. The role is also responsible for building a high-performance commercial organization which is consistent with the Medtronic Mission. Critical task for the new Business leader will be to focus the strategy on the 3-4 business critical issues and clearly communicate this throughout the organization. The business in Alpine is complex with multiple channels and it will be needed to be strategic about where the business should go in the future, and also it will be needed to be very execution focused.
The role will be assessed on three dimensions: set vision and strategy, set the right team and ability to drive execution and achieve key results. The Alpine business leader sits in the GIGA regional Leadteam, which creates significant opportunities and expectations for frequent communication. The new Alpine leader should be a strong communicator with the ability to clearly and succinctly articulate market trends, key business strategies and organizational challenges and opportunities. In this role you will have 3 District Sales Manager as direct reports (Swiss Romandie, Deutschschweiz and Austria).
A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Planning and execution of National/sub regional therapy, product and solutions strategies
- Defines the national revenue and expense strategy, in line with the regional P&L strategy. Evaluates actuals versus plan on a regular basis and intervenes in an efficient and timely manner in the case of deviations.
- Segments and defines account therapy strategy.
- Plans and implements account execution plan (together with SR & regional manager)- monitors, communicates and manages KPI’s.
- An analysis of market size, competitive market landscape and other information from all sources and develops strategies to improve sales, decrease cost levels and increase market share for all product lines.
- Ensures/drives execution of strategies and ad-hoc plans, after approval of the Regional Business Cranial Spinal Technolgies Germany, Israel, Greece, Alpine (GIGA)
- Builds strong and lasting relationships with key decision makers and those influential in the purchasing process to enhance the Medtronic Brand and Image.
- Coordinates and liaises with other Medtronic businesses regarding actions/activities within the country.
- Sets national/sub-regional guidelines to leverage resources and coordinates shared resources and services delivered within the national network.
- Provides business and field input in country-specific initiatives and actively participates in, and supports the implementation of initiatives and strategic programs.
- Uses the salestools (ex.sf.com/Key account management) to leverage the efficiency of the sales activities of each sales & technical specialist
- Coordinates with regional Business Managers the specific therapy & solution approaches
- Uses Medtronic’s HR tools to identify, attract and grow human talent in order to build a strong, performance driven team. Creates an atmosphere of cooperation within the team.
- Sets and communicates targets and objectives for each team member in the country.
- Monitors progression of results on an individual and team level. Evaluates individual and team results versus targets. Assesses team members versus the Sales Force Competencies and in daily practice (during regular “ride-alongs”) and provides constructive feedback. Intervenes whenever appropriate to ensure expectations/targets/competency levels are met. Coaches and energizes incumbents in a constructive way. Manages conflict in an adequate and constructive way.
- Schedules and chairs district meetings to provide team members with business information, changes to business plans, Medtronic policies, new products and services, and organizational changes etc.
- Trains and educates incumbents on Medtronic products, strategies, Mission, tools and processes.
- Create a selling culture by coaching Sales Reps in Sales Calls
- Degree in Engineering, Life-science, Marketing, Business Administration or Biology or another relevant, advanced degree
- Good selling techniques and excellent selling strategies
- Advanced People Management skills
- Thorough knowledge of the competitive marketplace and of the product lines
- Thorough knowledge of the decision making process with customers (economic buyer, reimbursement)
- Role model personality
- Proven ability to effectively operate and communicate in a matrix environment and work effectively with sales management, physician customers, and across district and organizational boundaries.
- Successful track record with sales results
- Ability to manage a multi-product, sales team and network
- Proven track record to work independently, while achieving aggressive personal and geographic objectives.
- Highly motivated, “can do” attitude with strongly influential management skills.
- Proven track record of good judgment. Demonstrated integrity and respect of peers and subordinates.
- Proven track record in business planning analysis and strategic planning
- Proven Evidence of Medtronic Leadership Competencies (Lead by Example, Establish Vision & Strategic Direction, Lead Change, Show Industry Foresight, Develop Leaders and Organizations, Inspire Others)
Nice to Have
- Degree in Business Administration
- Sales and marketing experience
- Project leader or functional management role
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future. Additional Information
- Posting Date: May 17, 2021
- Travel: Yes, < 50 % of the Time