Senior Back Officer Manager 100%
Publication date:27 March 2023
Place of work:Rue du Rhône 40, 1204 Genève
We are an agro-industrial food production and distribution company, specializing in sourcing, manufacturing, distributing, and trading of soft commodities and Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG), active in Switzerland, UAE & West Africa.
To strength our Operations team, we are delighted to open the position for a
The Back Office Manager is committed to respond and efficiently manage through her/his team all the execution linked to international trade with utmost reactivity and efficiency. Her/his responsibility is to ensure contractual agreement between Buyer & Seller is met, on time delivery, together with smooth operation. She/he also reports when needed to management and issues alerts when a situation may impact the trade profitability on Trading or Shipping side.
Key Performance & Results Area:
- Supervises the Operations team, that is responsible for all inbound and outboundlogistics orders (containers & vessels).
- Supervises clean and efficient execution of shipping, Sales and Purchases contracts with the support of the Operations team members.
- Supervises the implementation and maintenance of statistical data.
- Ensures that proper filing of the contractual papers is done methodically and efficiently.
- Supervises the direct contacts with Sellers and Buyers Operational teams, other Group trading units and Group distribution units.
- Interact with customers and group co-workers to diagnose and resolve problems. Provide management with alerts when needed.
Experience, Technical & Soft Skills:
- Extensive overall operational management experience and knowledge.
- Soft ccommodities contracts literate (GAFTA, FOSFA, etc.).
- Charter-Parties literate (SYNACOMEX & SUGAR CP)
- International insurance knowledge.
- Trading and Shipping documents literate.
- Fully knowledgeable of payment processes and letter of credit.
- Well knowledgeable for conventional and containers shipments.
- MS Office Package literate.
- Enterprise Resource Planning literate.
- Ability to communicate with others in an effective and concise manner.
- Litigation solver.
- Possess strong analytical troubleshooting skills.
- Management skills and ability to prioritize issues and process multiple tasks as required.
- Report fast and in an efficient manner in case of issues and problems linked to the execution of the contracts. Propose solutions.
At least 10 years of experience in management of Back-office, operations & logistics.
Candidate must be a holder of a University degree in logistics, international trade, or a comparable degree
Why you will love it here:
- Great people - we value people skills as much as technical skills and strive to keep things friendly and laid back. Still, that does not prevent us to be passionate leaders in our domains.
- Work-life balance - keeping a healthy work-life balance is important. This is why we have a hybrid work policy, and some people prefer working some days from home.
- Always keep learning - in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is a must, and we're happy to help our team to acquire them.
- Modern & spacious office located in the heart of Geneva
Are you ready for your next career steps?
We are looking forward to receiving your complete application!
- Raquel Martinez
No recruitment agencies please