Global Technical Expert - Polymer Recycling
Global Technical Expert - Polymer Recycling
Global Technical Expert - Polymer Recycling - Full Time - Winterthur, Switzerland
At Sulzer, you are empowered to deliver superior results. As a pioneer in industry we have a proud heritage of innovation and continue to evolve for the future. Join our story and create your own impact by developing your expertise and building solutions that help make our lives safer, smarter and more sustainable.
You are an expert in plastic recycling with extensive experience in pyrolysis processes. Join our Renewable Innovations team within the Chemtech division in Switzerland as Global Technical Expert in the field of Polymer Recycling to support us taking our offering in the field of advanced polymer recycling to the next level.
In this role you will be accountable for:
- Drive the improvement, scaling and implementation of innovative technologies in the field of chemical polymer recycling, primarily in the field of plastics pyrolysis.
- Act as global expert for all technical matters related to pyrolysis technologies
- Develop and drive R&D plans and creating novel Intellectual Property (IP).
- Ensure the know-how is centralized and is transferable to various teams in the organization
- Gather market expertise (in close cooperation with our Business Development Team) and develop our offering accordingly
- On-site support of process start-up and operation
- Build a strong network inside and outside the organization, including (but not limited to) represent the company at conferences, symposiums, universities etc.
- Support marketing & sales activities
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Excellent technical background and proven experience in the advanced polymer recycling processes and in particular > 5 years of experience working with pyrolysis technology
- Hands-on or operational experience with high temperature processes.
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering or similar
- A do-it mentality and strong communicative skills
- Availability to travel globally (25 – 30%)
- Fluency in English
If you’re passionate about circular economy and have proven expertise in developing chemical recycling processes & strategies and in driving continuous improvement, take the next step and make the most of your skills!
- 30 days holiday
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site car parking
- Access to a wide range of discounts on Everyday Shopping, Entertainment and Lifestyle
- Long service awards
Location: We are based in Winterthur.
No visa or work permit support can be provided for this role.
Have a question about the role? Reach out to Kitti Szekeres. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Sulzer is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
83% of our employees recommend Sulzer as a good place to work and we are proud to be recognized as a Top Employer 2022 in Switzerland. So come and join our story, starting today!
Sulzer is a global leader in fluid engineering. We specialize in pumping, agitation, mixing, separation and application technologies for fluids of all types. Our customers benefit from our commitment to innovation, performance and quality and from our responsive network of 180 world-class production facilities and service centers across the globe. Sulzer has been headquartered in Winterthur, Switzerland, since 1834. In 2020, our 15’000 employees delivered revenues of CHF 3.3 billion. Our shares are traded on the SIX Swiss Exchange (SIX: SUN). www.sulzer.com
As one of the awarded World’s Best Employers, we are proud to be among the Top 25 engineering companies worldwide and rank nr. 8 in Switzerland. Our position reflects our commitment to create a work environment where everyone is empowered to make a real impact.
The Chemtech division is the global market leader in innovative mass transfer, static mixing and polymer solutions for petrochemicals, refining and LNG. Chemtech is also leading the way in ecological solutions such as biopolymers as well as textile and plastic recycling, contributing to a circular economy. Our product offering ranges from technology licensing to process components all the way to complete separation process plants. Customer support ranges from engineering and field services to tray and packing installation, tower maintenance, welding and plant turnaround projects – ensuring minimal downtime.
Explore other opportunities here: