Division / Unit: Finance / Accounting
Contract type: Permanent
Start date: 01.05.2019
Interested to contribute to the success of the biggest sport organisation in Europe and take part of the unique UEFA EURO 2020 in 12 different countries. We are looking for a motivated team leader in a key position of the Finance department, one of the pillar UEFA administration. The successful candidate will be responsible for the accounts payable process and supervises a team of three accountants. The incumbent will also support the line manager in the other accounting matters for UEFA and its subsidiaries, including closing activities.
The position involves managing the following accounting duties for UEFA and its subsidiaries:
Accounts payable & procurement:
- Supervising the accounts payable team;
- Managing the workload and task allocation within the team;
- Managing the digital transformation of the accounts payable process;
- Ensuring compliance with the company guidelines and procedures;
Closing activities and other assignments:
- Assisting the line manager with monthly and year-end closings;
- Assisting the Controlling unit with clearing purchase orders and reclassing.
- Coordinating accruals during the year-end closing;
- Collaborating on accounting projects in close collaboration with the line manager and other units;
Other expected contributions:
- Handling any special tasks requested by the line manager or Finance Director within the scope of activity of the position;
- Keeping abreast of developments in the relevant professional environment and keeping professional knowledge up to date;
- Keeping the line manager and Finance Director regularly updated about any important activities within the scope of activity of the position;
- Listening to other's needs, seeking out any relevant information, and undertaking any study activities, innovations or research that will facilitate the performance and services of the position.
- From 3 to 5 years' experience in a bookkeeping/accounting department or similar position with an experience in team supervision.
- Certificate/diploma in bookkeeping/accounting or equivalent
- English / Fluent
- French / Fluent
- MS Excel / Advanced
- MS Word / Advanced
- SAP / Advanced
- Ability to manage projects