Data Science Associate Specialist
Nestlé Operational Services Worldwide SALausanne
Date de publication:26 septembre 2022
Type de contrat:Durée indéterminée
The Nestlé Group is the world's largest food and beverage company with 92.6 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2019. It is present in 187 countries around the world, has 403 factories and its 291'000 employees are committed to Nestlé's purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com
Data Science Associate Specialist
Location: Nestlé Research, Lausanne, Switzerland
Company: Société des Produits Nestlé S.A.
Act. Rate: Full-Time Act. Rate 100%
Type of contract: Permanent contract
PhD or master's degree in analytics and data science, computational biology, life science engineering
Genuine opportunities for career and personal development
Modern "smart office" locations providing agile & collaborative workspaces
Dynamic international working environment
Attractive additional benefits
Nestlé Research is based in Lausanne, Switzerland, employs approximately 1000 people and is comprised of four Nestlé Institutes: Material Sciences; Health Sciences, Food Safety & Analytical Sciences and Packaging Sciences. Please have a tour of our facilities using this link or read more about Nestlé Research at our website.
As a Data Science Associate Specialist, you will participate in the development of computational methods and algorithms to analyse large collections of biological data to make new prediction and accelerate scientific discoveries in life science projects. You will also be in charge of datasets preparation as well as explore and interpret biological and digital health data from various study designs.
We offer a dynamic, inclusive, and international working environment with many opportunities across different companies, functions, and regions. Don't miss the opportunity to join us and work with different teams in an agile and diverse context.
A Day in the Life of a Data Science Associate Specialist
- Contribute and propose the development of state-of-the-art computational techniques to understand the biological mechanism of health outcomes linked to Nutrition
- Take advantage of emerging technologies like analytics, cloud, digital tools to enable transformation in Life Science through digital health solutions
- Use statistical and machine learning, deep learning methods to transform our portfolio towards data-driven, translational research
- Work in a collaborative environment that brings together subject matter experts to exchange knowledge and drive innovation
What will make you successful
- PhD or master's degree in data science, computational biology, life science engineering
- Working experience in programming and statistical data analysis and visualization in Python, R, Java, Java Script or Scala
- Knowledge in bioinformatics databases and Linux environment
- Experience using cloud-based computing platform (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Ability to work on several projects in parallel
- Flexibility and excellent organizational skills
- Good in written and oral communication in English
Nestlé Operational Services Worldwide SA